Aqua Logic suction valve not moving

frogbite

Nov 10, 2019
Mirritt Island/Florida
Hi,

Seems every time I go to use my spa, I find a new thing wrong :)

Went to use my spa today, and valve 4 actuator moved but valve 1, which is the suction did not move. While troubleshooting, I swapped the connections and the suction valve did actuate when plugged into the valve 4 connection and the pool feed valve did not work.

Hoping it is not the board, but I am suspecting it is. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The system just hit its 3 year anniversary since I installed it.

FWIW, the toggle switches on the bottom of the actuator can determine if the actuator is working properly. As long as the valve moves in both directions with switch position, the actuator is fine

When you swapped connections, did you swap the cables at the actuator or board connections? Swapping at the actuator does not rule out the cable as the issue.

Place the cable in its original spot. Flip the toggle switch on the actuator all the way to its other position (the center position is "off" and nothing will happen. Does it move? If not, swap the cable as you did with a known-good socket. Does it move? Yes=bad board. No=bad actuator, which is the more common problem.

Thanks all. Yes, if I switch the the switch on the actuator it moves 180 degrees. Switch it back to the original position it moves back to the pool suction. This is why I think it is the board :( Also, when I swapped the cables I did it at the board. I was thinking I could use one of the other valve connections but I am guessing I would need to program something to get that to work.

Sounds like either the valve relay is bad or the driver. You can use other valve relays but then you would need to use the group function to control the various modes (assuming the firmware version supports it).

Yes, this is what I was thinking would need to be done. I don't recall seeing a grouping function in the settings menu but I can just activate the valve with the remote and set a timeout on it. The worst case is if I want to use the spa, I walk the 20 feet from the pool to the actuator and flip the switch. The problem with this is that I might forget about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.