Aqua Logic problems

MDPE

Jul 22, 2021
Florida
Moved from here.
My ProLogic is 5 yrs old and I've soldered it 2 times. Today it needs soldered again. I have good voltage but 0A current. It looked like a quick fix but my old iron tripped the GFI, I didnt have a match to light my gas solder iron, it was 90 degrees blistering sun, I heard thunder, etc. I went inside and noticed TFP recommended Salt Solutions Inc. – Salt Solutions provides a proven repair option for customers with broken salt chlorinator equipment.. I clicked on $185, HAYWARD AQUA RITE PRO MAIN CIRCUIT BOARD REPAIR and while I was there, $410, CELL 15 REBUILT by Salt Solutions Inc because the thermistor in my $340 aftermarket cell leaked and has conductive short to the salt water. (I previously spliced an external temp sensor on the red and blue wires.) Also the cell connector burned when a pin got partly pushed out. I had installed new ones from Newark using less stressful bend in the cable. ProLogic has worked great except for the salt. It is all in one box, timers, relays, circuit breaker panel, connect to vari speed pump and heat pump, highly programable, and a nice hobby researching how to keep the salt system working. But today I paid Salt Solutions Inc. – Salt Solutions provides a proven repair option for customers with broken salt chlorinator equipment. to help me with my fun hobby. I will comment in a couple days after I see how the repaired board and cell work. Thanks to all the commenters for helping me with my hobby.

My daughter had similar relay problem with her car. Cadillac wanted $1500 to replace the fuel pump. I looked in the trunk and there was no power on the wire to the pump. The high current pin on the fuse block fuel relay had burned so $6 relay and carry a spare relay until she gets a new fuse block.
1627070432481.png

5 days later they haven't shipped the $185, HAYWARD AQUA RITE PRO MAIN CIRCUIT BOARD REPAIR. I decided to order a relay and solder sucker from Newark. I think the relay may be hot causing solder to melt so I didn't order a PCB mounted relay I plan to solder wires to the board and remote mount the relay. When they finally ship it I will keep the board I fix as a backup spare.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.