Aqua clarity : with air controls open or not?

dan1333

Gold Supporter
Nov 1, 2020
Orange, CA
I'm a big fan of ahhsome and have gotten great results when using that for my purge and flush. So now I've been using Aqua Clarity for almost 2 months now and was wondering if I should be putting my jets on full blast with the air controls open or is it enough to just circulate the water with the air controls off?

I know with ahhsome, with the air controls open, that results in greater pressure and an internal "scrubbing" type action to dislodge and clean out the biofilm. Does the same principle apply with using weekly Aqua Clarity? Or is that not needed?

Thanks

Hello dan1333: Great to have you on-board with the Aqua Clarity. The short answer to your question is No.
The Aqua Clarity will always try to maintain clean pipe surfaces. However, that said, when the high jet pump is activated and air intakes are opened to create maximum turbulence, the extra flow rate and pressure can help push any clinging bio-gunk free and into the hot tub where the filter(s) get(s) it. Generally, just normal usage is fine. The Aqua Clarity is the backup quarterback that this industry needs desperately since many millions of hot tubs always seem to run on depleted sanitizer on occasion. Biofilms are very opportunistic. Leave the door open just a crack and soon a tsunami rushes in to create a new home base. Dan, based on your previous 2 months with the product, how would you rate the AC product. Are you noticing any difference in water maintenance or clarity? Thanks for taking the time to inform the forum followers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.