April 2021 - Where to buy high chlorine Bleach ?

gdog2004

Jul 19, 2011
Lehigh Valley, PA
Hey guys, I am in PA and my local Walmarts have NO pool essentials bleach (my go to). Where else can I get 10% bleach at a reasonable price quickly ?
I want to open pool (temp is at 54) to prevent algae. Weather is going up to 74 and 85 the next few days. I didn't see anything but Clorox at Lowes either.

Hey guys, I am in PA and my local Walmarts have NO pool essentials bleach (my go to). Where else can I get 10% bleach at a reasonable price quickly ?
I want to open pool (temp is at 54) to prevent algae. Weather is going up to 74 and 85 the next few days. I didn't see anything but Clorox at Lowes either.
Down south, Home Depot is now carrying Pool Essentials liquid chlorine (10%). It is $4 a gal and comes in a 4 pack so $16 in total.

Not sure if you have Menards there, but ours has 12.5% for $3.99. They commonly have there 11% off promotions monthly, so if you time it right you can stock up for $3.55 a gallon

No Menards in PA. But we do have Ace hardware. What brand of Chlorine is at Ace Hardware that is 10% ?
It is HTH brand and it is actually on sale right now for $2.99 a gallon! I would stock up! They label it as “shock” but it is 10% regular liquid chlorine. Hope this helps!

It is HTH brand and it is actually on sale right now for $2.99 a gallon! I would stock up! They label it as “shock” but it is 10% regular liquid chlorine. Hope this helps!

Thanks brother! I will order a ton :) normally its 5.00 :cool:

Reactions: thefloatqueen
You can also check your local pool supply stores. Some (ahem, Leslie's) seem to think liquid chlorine is the devil, but others carry 12.5% sometimes, and least on this side of the country.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In our area (I'm in Northern DE), try Ollie's. I just bought some today $3.79/gallon for 10%. Also, Ace hardware typically has it on sale for about $3/gallon around Memorial Day. Good luck.

Gdog - i am not far from you down in Montco. I found it in stock at home depot not long ago. Search for ‘HDX Chlorinating Liquid’. I also relied on Leslies last year as HD stock was hard to find. Leslies doesn’t advertise their liquid but often has it.

I'm in Central PA and our Lowe's out here had Pool Essentials in stock - website said 43 at one of stores I go to. I ordered a bunch online and just did curbside pick-up.
Also, ditto someone on Ollies. Our friend just told us yesterday that they had stock of gallon jugs.

Ollies has 10% for $3.99 which isn't a great deal but if you need it, it's better than nothing I guess. The HTH brand is still on sale at ACE hardware, as mentioned previously. I got a few gallons this morning of 10% for $2.99

Ollies has 10% for $3.99 which isn't a great deal but if you need it, it's better than nothing I guess. The HTH brand is still on sale at ACE hardware, as mentioned previously. I got a few gallons this morning of 10% for $2.99
i just picked up more from ace. its fresh made last month.

I know this post was last year but what was your solution ? I’m in the Lehigh Valley too.

My pool project should be complete just before Memorial Day.

How many gallons of liquid chlorine would you say you go through in a session?

It seems substantial, if that’s the case does anyone sell anything larger than 1 gallon jugs , let’s say 10 or 20 gallon jugs ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.