Anything special to do after a young child pees in the pool?

May 7, 2018
Greensboro, NC
So this is one I’m sure you all have had to deal with - but not me. Today, I had my good friend over and his three year old to go swimming (he’s going through some personal issues and thought some pool time would help).
Before, I had the wherewithal to bump FC up to 12ppm (CYA 50).

His daughter unfortunately had at least one accident in the pool...maybe two...not real sure.

Chlorine is being kept at 12ppm for the foreseeable future - but anything else I need to do / consider?

also - anything I can do to keep the water from clouding up when people use that spray-on sunscreen?? Usually only lasts for a day or so, and all parameters are Good - but just cloudy for a bit - and only when spray sun screen is used.

thanks!

Pee -- They all do --- I guarantee it.

Nothing special. The chlorine takes care of it.

Sunscreen - it will collect in your skimmer and get to your filter. If really bad, some use scumbug in the skimmer to soak it up.

Pee in the pool has spawned jokes for many decades for a reason. ‘Welcome to our Ool. Notice there’s no P in it’ ..... the jokes will keep on long after all of us.

sunscreen and body oils/sweat is trickier because it clouds up the water. With 7k gallons you don’t have tons of dilution potential and it will be easier to overpower your water until the filter catches up. try your best to make everybody dry completely before jumping in. It comes off either way but it’s worse when the sunblock hasn’t completely soaked in yet. Also, keep a tennis ball or 3 in the skimmer, or just floating around if you don’t have a skimmer.

Pee in the pool has spawned jokes for many decades for a reason. ‘Welcome to our Ool. Notice there’s no P in it’ ..... the jokes will keep on long after all of us.

sunscreen and body oils/sweat is trickier because it clouds up the water. With 7k gallons you don’t have tons of dilution potential and it will be easier to overpower your water until the filter catches up. try your best to make everybody dry completely before jumping in. It comes off either way but it’s worse when the sunblock hasn’t completely soaked in yet. Also, keep a tennis ball or 3 in the skimmer, or just floating around if you don’t have a skimmer.

A few ounces of urine in tens of thousands of gallons of water is nothing to lose sleep over. Anyway, that's one reason we use chlorine, to oxidize sweat, mucus, and urine.

Reactions: Newdude

Thanks all...

Curious - what’s the Purpose of the tennis balls?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
*reading link* is this the one that swims up the....... OH GOD IT IS !!!!!! Darn you Guzzy !!!!! :laughblue:

when i was young, I was told that pool water had a special chemical in it that would turn blue if I peed in the pool That kept me from doing it for a long time - then I realized it was just a ploy. You may want to make a sign of similar notice and see if that helps with future guests.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.