Anyone with ScreenLogic want to do me a favor???

Yikes, point the blame. Who's server, lol. There must be lots of servers that output the weather data from airports. Or is it a Pentair server... Sounds like this might not be fixed anytime soon. Pentair is the premier pool solution....kind of disappointing.

Hi, new user here... discovered this forum in my own attempt to resolve the Wx info. I stumbled into a few settings, and it seems to be working for me now...
I'm in North Dallas area, but rather than using my own ZIP and GPS coordinates, I used those for DFW Airport:

ZIP Code = 75261
LAT = 32.9079
LON = 97.0394
TIME ZONE = -6 (+ I checked the box for DST)
Weather Source = AUTOMATIC by ZIP Code
Weather Parms = https://w1.weather.gov/xml/current_obs/KDFW.xml

I did not click the "Locate Current Conditions Airport" button.
Then I clicked FINISH and exited the ScreenLogic program completely.

I'm running Windows 11, so these next steps may differ slightly for other versions. Basically, I turned on "Full Control" for the app permissions, set compatibility mode, etc:

Right-clicked on the ScreenLogic icon and said to "Open File Location"
Right-clicked on the ScreenLogic Connect icon and chose "Show More Options"
At the bottom of the pop-up menu I chose "Properties"
In the new Window I clicked "Advanced" then "Run As Administrator"
On the Security Tab I clicked Edit then "Full Control" for Everyone.

Closed all windows, restarted the program. I'm getting current, local Wx data!

Edit -- And.... opened the program this morning... the daily Wx data "might" still be accurate, but the temp at top still shows 80deg (which was valid last night when I did the steps above) but still shows 80deg this morning & it's actually about 53deg currently. Sigh...

Last edited:
Reactions: Flying Tivo
I tried Shuford's way and nothing changed for me. :roll:

I've deleted and manually added the airport info several times. One out of 20 times it might work.. When it does work, it might work for a day or a month.

I am not sure it is an actual Pentair issue or some timing issue on my end where my network is too slow or too fast for some connection somewhere.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I used the .gov website you mentioned, found my local airport, copied the URL and entered it into the "params" field. I changed my zip to match the airport. THEN I clicked "Next" through all setup pages, then "Back" to page 1, then "Finish" This worked.

This worked for me (at least for today) Found local airport and copied the link (not image), pasted into params field and changed zip to same as the airport. Followed same steps of clicking next through to the end and then finish.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think the system is looking for XML that includes a forecast, not just current conditions. I used the XML feed from forecast.weather.gov rather than the “w1.weather.gov” site I tried initially (like everyone else it seems) and it appears to be working. Here’s what I did:

- Browse to forecast.weather.gov
- In the top left of the page is a box where you can input your city/state or zip code. Enter your info and then click “Go”
- On the page you are directed to, scroll down and look below the map. There should be two buttons, one that says “KML” and one that says “XML”
- Right click on the “XML” button and copy the link to your clipboard
- Paste this link into the “Weather Params” field in the ScreenLogic config app. I left all of the other settings alone (my zip code, lat/long, time zone, and weather source set to ”Auto by ZIP code”).
- Save you settings

This has (so far) worked for me. YMMV.

- Chris

EA999F36-DE44-496C-A3D0-CF734FE5EB4E.jpeg

Chris,

I tried your suggestion, and it initially did not work, but I did it a couple of times and now my ScreenLogic weather is up to date and working.

That said, I've been down this path before and I've had it working before, but it does not seem to last very long.

I really hope you have discovered a "fix", but time will tell.

Thanks for the post, :goodjob:

Jim R.

Reactions: JamesW and mknauss
The fix updated the weather right away but it is stuck. It hasn't updated since I made the change Saturday. Today I went into setup and redid the config by cleaning out the url, exiting and re-adding. No luck. Come on Pentair you are supposed to be the best of the best.

Yep… Lasted for a little bit for me and now it’s back to not working. I contacted Pentair support about the ScreenLogic app bugs a little while back and they told me there are no plans to issue an update to the app anytime soon (I’m on iOS if that matters).

Chris

So this started working again for me today. I didn’t change anything in the settings but I noticed the weather forecast had updated and was correct again for the next week. I use the ScreenLogic app on an iPad mini that is attached to the wall by our pool. I doubt it will last for long though 🤷‍♂️

Chris

I don't really know when mine quit working. It's not a necessary function so I'm not real disappointed that it doesn't work. What does bother me is that there is an option to show Summary only or Summary+weather. Choosing Summary Only doesn't change anything. It still shows that weather on the day it quit updating.

Update: Never mind. The info in this thread was helpful and I got it working.

Update again. The weather shoed correctly one time and hasn't updated in four days. Zt least now it's stuck on 79 degrees instead of 54.

Thanks

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.