Anyone willing to barter?

I have found the people here to be very generous with their time, without the need to offer compensation. Just post some of your own thoughts and ideas, give us some background on what it is you're looking to do and under what constraints (financial, yard layout etc) and that will get the ball rolling.

Good luck!

I have a fibbonacci design idea with two waterfalls, but don't know the plumbing, electrical, pumps, etc.. needed.
Also, I would like a chemical free pool. I was looking into natural pools, but am also curious about salt water- but having the salinity level close to ocean water.
Does that sound crazy?

I have a fibbonacci design idea with two waterfalls, but don't know the plumbing, electrical, pumps, etc.. needed.
Also, I would like a chemical free pool. I was looking into natural pools, but am also curious about salt water- but having the salinity level close to ocean water.
Does that sound crazy?
Yup, sounds crazy to me :D There are other forums if you want to try the "natural" chemical-free route, but that is just not something we teach here as it is not an approve EPA method of pool maintenance.

If your salt water pool has salt levels even close to the sea I think you have a problem. We just added the salt to mine about a week go. You can just barely taste the salt in it if you swallow some. Its not enough to leave you thirsty and no effect on your eyes. As mentioned earlier if you balance the pool chemicals right you would never know it pool water. Spend a bit of time reading all of great resource on here and you will understand. Good luck!

Saltwater pools are usually 2800-3600 ppm of salt. Human tears are about 9000 ppm and ocean water is about 35,000 ppm. So, yes, having your pool salinity anywhere near ocean water salinity would be crazy. :crazy:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.