Anyone still swimming?

Dave31410

Bronze Supporter
Feb 27, 2018
Savannah, GA
(Australians don't count) Our pool was completed in late October. I started swimming laps a couple of times a week. When the water got below 70 I started wearing a short wet suit. Last swim was a couple of days ago with water temp at 62. We have had cooler days and nights and temp is now 54. I may be done for the year.

Reactions: Sunnymosmile
I am not swimming anytime soon with the water temp between 40-42. However, one of our dogs decided to take a dive today but I don't think he enjoyed it too much. Very happy that I was out to see it, and more importantly, the pool alarm worked as advertised!

I think about swimming every time I look at the pool. However, when I pull water sample out at eighteen inches below the surface, I rethink that thought. The water is 54 degrees and I'm not getting in there at the brrrr temp.

My pool has been in the low 70's to low 80's and that's too cold for me, if I can string a few warm days together with enough sun to get the pool up to the mid 80's and the air temp is also 80+ then I'll be going back in. Until then it's been around 3+ weeks since that's happened, not looking good in the next 10 days but in FL we can see a warm streak at any time....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Its been a colder than normal in SoCal and my pool has been in the 66 degree range with a cover and solar that hasn't done much good recently. But the other day we had warmer weather and my solar helped a little getting water up to 72 degrees. I used the heater to kick it up to 78 and we are back in business. Did a little swimming, but 83+ is my preferred number.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.