Anyone replaced or repaired Jandy automation

charitap

May 13, 2020
Coppell, TX
When I used to use pool cleaning guy early this year, around May he said the automation board is dead and we need to replace switches and fave a quote of $1200 to replace switches. I called another pool company and they came and told me that i need to replace it with
Jandy IQ20-RS AQUALINK RS Upgrade KIT W/ IQ20 Web Connect Device - $1800 + tax. Includes installation.

I am having hard timing trusting anyone and looking to educate myself so i can decide whether to repair or replace?
If replace, what r the latest autimation systems that work with my equipment and if there is any trustworthy company that does it at reasonable cost?

Here are the pictures of my equipment20201008_155830.jpg20201008_155416.jpg20201008_155317.jpg20201008_155531.jpg20201008_155224.jpg20201008_155500.jpg20201008_155437.jpg20201008_155416.jpg20201008_155431.jpg20201008_155830.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
C,

I don't know squat about your Jandy system, but tell us what is and is not working right now...

Do you have the power to the automation shut off?

How have you been running your pool since May.

I general, automation systems don't just totally quit working..

It appears you have a spa and pool.. Do the valves that switch between the pool and spa have actuators?

When working, was the pump being run by the automation? What about now, how are you running the pump?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim
See my answers below. I may have been tricked into believing the automation system is off.. i saw few videis on actuator. The actuator wire seens to be cut off. I didnt know what an actuator is until asked me and saw few videos now.
C,

I don't know squat about your Jandy system, but tell us what is and is not working right now...

Do you have the power to the automation shut off?
Yes.
How have you been running your pool since May.
Manually, press 1 2 3 4 speed and press start. And stop.

I general, automation systems don't just totally quit working..

It appears you have a spa and pool.. Do the valves that switch between the pool and spa have actuators?
I think so. I will attach a video of my equipment setup. I see one actuator.

When working, was the pump being run by the automation? What about now, how are you running the pump?
Yes. Pump was run by automation. I was able set up multiple schedules. Clear all schedules etc. One time it started showing all blinking lights in my indoor control board. I told my pool cleaning guy but by the time he came to check it started working on its own. Until this time I never opened the main control boatd that is outside. But that guy told me control board that is outside is gone that he sees lot rat poop in the box they might have eaten your receivers, we need to replace, until that is fixed my pool is pond and he cant clean it. I felt like he was trying get business and called another one. This new guy put the control board on blinking mode and started the pump manually and told me i could use this start stop buttons on pump itself to start pump. New guy also told me to replace with
Jandy IQ20-RS AQUALINK RS Upgrade KIT W/ IQ20 Web Connect Device - $1800 + tax. Includes installation. I also see one wore cut off into two, but not sure if that was like that since beginning or new.

See few pictures. 20201008_155600.jpg20201008_155342.jpg20201008_155404.jpg20201008_155416.jpg
Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
C,

I can't think of any reason that someone would cut the cable going to an actuator. ☹

While it might be true that your system needs to be replace, if this were my pool, I would want to see if it were possible to repair what you have.

It does not seem to me that the system is getting any power.. How about a couple of pics of the automation with the door open and showing the relays and wiring.

Unfortunately, I have not worked on a Jandy system.

Let me see if I can find a Jandy guy...

Here is a troubleshooting guide, if that helps at all... https://www.jandy.com/-/media/zodiac/global/downloads/0748-91071/6919.pdf?force=1

Thanks,

Jim R.

My Aqualink RS 4 control panel needed replacement earlier this year, it was 20 years old before it quit. I replaced it with the iAqualink at $644.00 installed. Pretty Pools llc , Flower Mound & Keller, is an authorized Jandy service company.

Last edited:
My Aqualink RS 4 control panel needed replacement earlier this year, it was 20 years old before it quit. I replaced it with the iAqualink at $644.00 installed. Pretty Pools llc , Flower Mound & Keller, is an authorized Jandy service company.
Thank you so much. I will reach out to them.
So you still kerp doa controls and indoor control board? Or you remove everything and just use phone app?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I still have the indoor control panel as well as the phone app. I also installed a WiFi access point near the pool equipment to make sure the neighbors 2.4 Wi-Fi traffic did not interfere with the iAqualink. I am not sure that the AP was absolutely necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.