Anyone ordered from Pool Covers Direct?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am seeking advice on purchasing a pool cover. Pool Covers Direct has provided a quote and the price is attractive as compared to others I've received from local pool companies. Does anyone have any experience with Pool Covers Direct? Positive or Negative....

Just following-up, I did purchase a Loop Loc replacement cover from Pool Covers Direct. It arrived as scheduled and the price was the lowest I could find. There were no issues with installation that I am aware of and it looks fine, so far no complaints here.

Just following-up, I did purchase a Loop Loc replacement cover from Pool Covers Direct. It arrived as scheduled and the price was the lowest I could find. There were no issues with installation that I am aware of and it looks fine, so far no complaints here.

Hopefully you’re still happy with the result. Wanted to let you know your post caused me to go with them for mine.

Still happy with cover? Thinking of using them for ours...have a lazy l 50 x 25... wondering how they will match up to local quotes and if they are good. Thx!

Are u still satisfied with the pool cover? Did they give u the same brand u had or just a duplication? Looking to use them to replace my current loop loc.
Same brand and manufacturer. Shipped directly from the manufacturer to my house via FedEx ground. The only thing I’d change is FedEx ground. For whatever reason (weight most likely) it shows up on a semi and they want you to either pick it up at their distribution point, or schedule a day to stay home for it.

Hi All, had my local pool service come out and measure all my anchors for duplication of my 19 yr old loop loc cover. They came back at pretty jaw dropping prices across a few brands of cover. The sticker shock had me take another look at the handwritten serial number that was on the old cover, that I had thought was undecipherable. Between what could be made out of the number and date, as well as the address and name of former property owner, poolcoversdirect.com was able to have loop loc pull the specs from their files, and they provided a quote that was $1.5K less than the quote my pool guys gave me.

Now, I tend to think that things that seem to be too good to be true, are. So, am hesitant to submit an order. anyone have any knowledge of the legitimacy of poolcoversdirect.com? If the covers they provide are truly from the name brand manufacturer? if the above reviews are from poolcoversdirect plants :)?

Thanks!

Well poolcoversdirect.com isn’t going to bring it to your pool, unbox it, and install it. They aren’t going to come out and measure it either.

Thus the local company is going to be more because they have a higher markup on the cover, and labor costs.

I‘d buy from them again. They put in quite a bit of effort to make sure I got the cover I wanted.

Well poolcoversdirect.com isn’t going to bring it to your pool, unbox it, and install it. They aren’t going to come out and measure it either.

Thus the local company is going to be more because they have a higher markup on the cover, and labor costs.

I‘d buy from them again. They put in quite a bit of effort to make sure I got the cover I wanted.
Thanks, I think we are going to try Pool Covers Direct! Called Loop Loc directly just to confirm they are really a distributor of theirs.

Will post how it turns out.

Just to clarify though, the $1500 difference was on the cost of the cover alone. My local pool company charged an additional $100 for the measurements, and "Install" (which would pretty much just be buckling the hardware onto the cover since my anchors are already in and function fine) was going to be another $400. Not trying to bash my pool guys, I use them for closings (as I don't have anything to blow out the lines or anyone to help pull the cover on), and they are great. Interestingly though, they were going to do the install at the same time as the closing, but still the $400 and regular closing cost (seems to me I'd be paying twice for them to put the cover in once).

I’d have to look at the quote I got from the local company that the cover manufacturer recommended to see what their cover markup was. I do remember they quoted the cheapest cover they made for more than poolcoversdirect.com charged me for the best cover they made.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.