Anyone have experience with the Riptide XL?

Oct 31, 2013
Hey I purchase a dolphin robot about 5 years ago and tried it out and it was honestly terrible. Mostly just kicked up everything it was suppose to suck up and I have a weird shaped pool so it wasn't good at hitting a lot of the spots.

Fast forward to this year and I'm going to have quite a bit of dirt/silt/sand and a few leaves to get off of the bottom when I open my pool (I neglected it til last year for a couple of years). I tried getting a pool contractor to come out and clean it last year because my vacuum kept clogging up and vacuuming to waste would have taken a very long time due to having to refill the pool several times. They said it was going to take way too long and wasn't worth their time.

I recently discovered the riptide and power vac setups and they look to be just the type of thing that would help get me out of this bind as well as being much easier/faster than dragging out my vacuum hose and then filling it with water before connecting it to the skim line.

I've heard a lot of good things but they seem to be from people that could be getting kick backs from the respected companies. Curious if you guys have any opinions. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: avpowerstn
I use my Riptide everyday on my pool route, it has made life so much easier.
I am a professional, but don't receive any kind of compensation from the company.

At first I was considering getting the Power Vac, but ended up with the riptide and do think it is the better product.

I will be honest though: I'm not entirely sure that either of these systems would not be overkill for a regular pool owner. If money is in greater supply for you than time, I'd say go for it.

Some things to be aware of: there is a fine silt bag that will filter to 60 microns. This is incredibly fine, but not perfect, and after a while (a few weeks to a few months) depending on debris load, the pool will require a normal vacuum to filter. For regular leaf, seed, etc debris, I don't think there's anything faster.

I use my Riptide everyday on my pool route, it has made life so much easier.
I am a professional, but don't receive any kind of compensation from the company.

At first I was considering getting the Power Vac, but ended up with the riptide and do think it is the better product.

I will be honest though: I'm not entirely sure that either of these systems would not be overkill for a regular pool owner. If money is in greater supply for you than time, I'd say go for it.

Some things to be aware of: there is a fine silt bag that will filter to 60 microns. This is incredibly fine, but not perfect, and after a while (a few weeks to a few months) depending on debris load, the pool will require a normal vacuum to filter. For regular leaf, seed, etc debris, I don't think there's anything faster.
Where can I get one at that's reasonable

Reactions: avpowerstn
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.