SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Stopped at Walmart on my way home to get the dogs food. Swung by the Pool Essentials 10% and grabbed 10 jugs. Went to the check out n the cashier said, "Oh no... I don't think we can sell you all these." I asked, "Why not?!" She said, " "That's bleach." I said... "No, it's Pool Essentials Sodium Hypochlorite for swimming pools!" :mrgreen: She's like... "Oh... okay.... I didn't know.

Quick thinking. :cool::cool:

full

• Haha
Reactions: Casey
Clearly they don't know who they are dealing with! "My grandbaby will not be denied!"
Right! I had a friend ask me, Are you still opening the pool? I said If course I am! She told me I was nuts. Why wouldn't I? I still have a job. I'm still getting paid. I'm essential staff at a State Correctional Institution. I need this pool because my lil side kick will give me the stink eye if I tell her we aren't opening it. I need to stock up on "Sodium Hypochlorite".

...... even for the people who aren’t getting paid. They need a cheap activity and the pool done the TFP way can be $100 for the season. (Chemical wise, Running the pool pump notwithstanding). A fun way to kill and afternoon when there isn’t any movies / sports / school clubs, Or really ANYTHING else to do.

Reactions: mariane and Casey
Casey,
As you know, Ollies' has an annual spring liquid chlorine buy. I know you're aware of it...you were the one that told me about it 2 years ago. Well i just came from the Monroeville store and they must have just come in. Several pallets filled with cases and cases of the stuff.
4 jugs (128 fl oz) per case, less than $12/case. Single jugs @ $2.99. Relatively fresh at 20-59. It's only 10%, but I can make that work. No limit, but as you know, when they're gone, they're gone. I got enough to serve my hot tub for a good chunk of the season.
So...if you need liquid chlorine, get over to your closest Ollies....soon!

Casey,
As you know, Ollies' has an annual spring liquid chlorine buy. I know you're aware of it...you were the one that told me about it 2 years ago. Well i just came from the Monroeville store and they must have just come in. Several pallets filled with cases and cases of the stuff.
4 jugs (128 fl oz) per case, less than $12/case. Single jugs @ $2.99. Relatively fresh at 20-59. It's only 10%, but I can make that work. No limit, but as you know, when they're gone, they're gone. I got enough to serve my hot tub for a good chunk of the season.
So...if you need liquid chlorine, get over to your closest Ollies....soon!
I was just at mine n they were not stocked yet. I'm waiting.

My guess is that 1 truck delivered to all the local stores on the same day. Yours is probably just not out on the floor yet. Should be any day now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My guess is that 1 truck delivered to all the local stores on the same day. Yours is probably just not out on the floor yet. Should be any day now.
I finish up tomorrow (it's my Friday). I'll go check to see if it's there. Thank you.

I just got a phone call from Leslies telling me they are open, and they have plenty of chlorine. They would be even willing to have it ready and load it in the car for me if I called ahead with a 15 minutes heads up. Can pay for it with a credit card in advance so very little human interaction.

I might just go buy some to be supportive of a local business, maybe I should get some acid too.

Our local Wally World is now only selling essential items, which appears to be groceries and medications. Wife said that the dry good section was roped off and they wouldn't let anyone over there. If this is company wide, then getting pool chemicals from there might be an issue. Thankfully, I am stocked up for at least a good 2.5-3 months...I sure hope this is over by then!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.