Any tips for cleaning Maytronics filter when you don't want to get wet?

poolnoobgrandma

Gold Supporter
Sep 15, 2018
Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
In the summer I don't mind a bit of spray, but it's COLD outside and I'm really not up for getting colder while spraying my S200 filters. I adopted the TPF idea of getting my water sample with a PVC pipe, and so never have to get wet to test my water. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to clean the robot filters without getting wet?

Get somebody else to do it?

Seriously it is a little difficult since you need a strong stream of water that doesn't splash back much on filter media but it splashes way back off the rigid frame. Only way we have to do this is set it on the ground a ways off so the splash back can't reach you but this does require you flip it over a lot. Nice thing for us in Fl. is most of the year we can do the deed right before getting in!

Wish I had better answer.

Chris

Reactions: HermanTX
Get somebody else to do it?

THIS!

Any chance you can take the baskets inside and clean them in the tub or shower? At least it will be warmer inside in winter. COLD is a relative term... those of us in FL and AZ usually have a different COLD threshold than other places.

Reactions: Mdragger88
☝️☝️☝️ This ☝️☝️☝️ Dump it out outside ( for the leaves & big stuff) then bring it in for a good rinse. Maybe a laundry sink or deep kitchen sink w/ sprayer?

Reactions: HermanTX
Thanks all! I ended up taking the basket out and letting it dry out. Removed the filters and gave them a few whacks to remove most of the stuff, then moved into the kitchen to spray and soak in a little tsp. Tomorrow we'll be ready to roll.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.