Any suggestions on how to test the circuit board?

JWKinRVA

Jun 9, 2022
Richmond VA
I have a 1997 Hot Springs Prodigy (Model H) by Watkins Manufacturing. About six years ago, the circulation pump stopped working. I don't remember if the jet pump continued working. I'm debating whether to remove and test the two pumps, which I suspect are easy to test but inconvenient to remove or test the circuit board, which is easy to remove but I suspect more challenging to test.

I'm very interested to know your thoughts on the best way to approach this.

I would also greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to test the circuit board.

Thanks for putting yourself out there to answer questions like these.

Sincerely,

JWKinRVA

Welcome to TFP.

@RDspaguy has been known to do reconstructive surgery on spas. He may have some advice.

Welcome to the site JW!

You will be exposed to 220VAC mains so must know your capabilities and be comfortable with all due cautions. I could try and help but there are many with more experience so will just suggest you add some information like if it is filled and maybe some pictures of the equipment area, questionable motor/s and the control board.

Was it kicking any breakers, did the controls seem operative? These things will probably make it easier for others to advise...

Reactions: RDspaguy
You will be exposed to 220VAC mains so must know your capabilities and be comfortable with all due cautions
This!
The circ pump runs 24/7 and is therefore one of the most frequently replaced parts in a Watkins spa. It wears out after a few tens of thousands of hours running. Bad water maintenance can speed this up considerably.
There are also other conditions that can cause the circ pump to turn off. Are there any flashing lights on the controller? Post a pic of the circuit board with power on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.