Any reviews yet on the new Polaris Quattro?

agreed, if i clean it at night sometimes i leave it out hanging over the edge, then put it back in next morning - like everyone else i am checking the pool every night and morning at a minimum.....by the way the Quattro is performing great so far, plus a removable double screen debris compartment makes cleaning much easier than the bags.

Reactions: FirstPoolLastPool
had if for 2 months now and still working fine, i left it on overnight with only booster pump running by mistake but it still works, i assume i took some years off my 5 year old booster pump. FYI, Leslies sells this as the Quattro in grey with a white hose, other places sell it as the Sport, dark blue with a black hose.
i also sold my old polaris 380 via FB for $200 so that was cool.

you had sent that link once before in another conversation on the subject - totally awesome if it ever comes to fruition. but the best i can tell right now it's just an idea. An awesome idea, but i don't see availability. And also, really only viable if you add it in the building phase of your pool... am i wrong on that?

The control unit in the video looks like the control input for the M600.

Maybe it’s closer than we think?

After another day of watching it work, I am very happy with my decision. It's the best cleaner I have ever had hands down. And it stays in the pool and cleans even in the driving rain.

Now that you're 5+ months in, how's it going? Is the Quattro keeping the pool clean? Are you leaving it in the pool 24/7? etc. I need to drop ~$200 for repairs (tires, wheels, bag, complete wall fitting and anything else that pops up) on my 5 year old Pentair Letro Legend II and am debating on the options: 1. Repair existing 2. Quattro Sport 3. Robotic. Existing cleaner does an ok job but, since leaves are not really the issue, I am looking for an option that would scrub the floor / walls / tile / steps.

My booster pump just failed and my Kreepy Krauly is six years old, so I opted to switch up to a robot. I've only run it a few times, and it seems to do a very efficient job. However, the idea of something "self-contained" inside the pool with no cables snaking across the deck and no control unit to worry about keeping dry are things I (think I) will regret giving up.

5 months in and all is going well. The Quattro is cleaning far better than the Pentair Racer it replaced ever did. Getting stuck in corners is no longer a issue because of the " spinning dance " it does every few minutes ( instead of reverse and forward again to get stuck). I do know one thing, if you turn the directional nozzle in the up position it will try to climb out of the pool ! I leave mine in 24/7 and the only thing I have noticed is the original shine the plastic had is fading in a few spots. It is picking everything up from fine silt to golf balls!!

I have had the Quattro for 9 months and love it but I just had a part break where the hose attaches to it. I am not sure why it broke here, there is nothing for it to get caught on. I just noticed it late yesterday and emailed my pool repair people to ask about it. We will see if it's under warranty or if I have to purchase the part. I'm also noticing lately that the debris compartment sometimes does not want to "click" back into place after I empty it. Takes a few tries. Not sure if it's me or if there's something wearing out.
IMG_0233.jpg

@hepmama - That part is easy to break and not available yet as a replacement. My shop could not find it online and had to crack open a new box to give me one.
It usually occurs when you are removing the unit from the pool.

Mine has developed a different problem. It is stopping frequently. I guess there is a problem in the gears and as it’s cycling through the random gearing it gets stuck at a certain point. I’ve taken to shop once already and they can’t find the problem. I have no instructions in the line and have great pressure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you tried calling Polaris Customer support for a warranty claim? Curious how they respond since it is such a new unit and very $$$$$
Sorry I just saw this question. My pool company picked it up and they are waiting for a part. They said it would be under warranty so that's good. I've been without it about a week and not sure the best way to get the pool floor clean without it. Scooping with the net doesn't work well. I hope it's fixed soon!

@hepmama - That part is easy to break and not available yet as a replacement. My shop could not find it online and had to crack open a new box to give me one.
It usually occurs when you are removing the unit from the pool.

Mine has developed a different problem. It is stopping frequently. I guess there is a problem in the gears and as it’s cycling through the random gearing it gets stuck at a certain point. I’ve taken to shop once already and they can’t find the problem. I have no instructions in the line and have great pressure.
Hmmm, they told me they are waiting for a part, but didn't say which part. I've been without it about a week and really need something. If I don't hear something soon I'm going to see if they have a loaner I can use. Hard to get stuff off the bottom with a net on a pole.

Question: How do you get the unit out of the pool without using the hose to get it closer to you? I bring it closer so I can reach it then use the handle on the body to pull it out of the water.

The whole purpose of having an automated cleaner for me is so I don't have to babysit it. I don't want to have a separate power supply and an extension cord sitting on my pool deck all the time. Plus I travel a lot and don't want to worry about my power supply being out in the rain or not having my pool cleaned while I'm gone. I love the "set and forget" nature of having a pressure side cleaner- plus I already had a brand new booster pump and all the infrastructure for a pressure side cleaner. I would have gone with a robot over the old school Polaris pressure side if this new model were not available but it was a perfect fit for me. It does everything a robot does but has the convenience of a pressure side cleaner. If I was building a pool, I would skip the pressure side altogether and get a robot. Since I already had all that, it was a better fit for me.

After another day of watching it work, I am very happy with my decision. It's the best cleaner I have ever had hands down. And it stays in the pool and cleans even in the driving rain.
Exactly, we have polaris 3900 and it stays in the pool 24x7x365. I sometimes pull it when the grandkids are here but other than that it just runs. I did some repairs on mine last week, replaced bearings and the hose connector but its still working fine.

Im not sure I would choose a robot if starting again. all I have to do is remember to check the bag on the Polaris, sometimes 3x a day and some times 1x a week depending on the season

@hepmama - Sorry for the slow response. I gently pull on the hose to get the Quattro close to me and then grab the handle. If I’m pulling out of the pool I’m just careful not to stress the connection and usually just decouple it.

Found my answer - thanks.

All, sorry to hijack this thread, but I have the 280 and it seems to be on its way out. Does the Quattro connect to the same inlet I use for the 280. From the site, the spec shows a 2 3/4” for the Quattro and 2 1/4” for the 280.

Last edited:
Question for you Quattro guys...does it get your sundeck/steps/ledges or do you need to brush? I am replacing a Hayward Phantom which used to get these areas. Also - my pool is about 53ft long, how long is the hose that comes with the cleaner? my pressure side port is about 35-40 ft from the furthest point in the pool (god forbid the PB put the port somewhere in the middle!)

Appreciate any feedback!

thx
Aceman

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.