Any reviews yet on the new Polaris Quattro?

I have had my Quattro Sport for for 6 months and it has been doing a fantastic job keeping my pool clean. So much better than the previous 360 I had for several years. But just this week I went out to see why the pool water was moving so much and found that the connector for the feed hose had broken off. The hose was flapping around wildly since the booster pump was running. From the day it was placed in the pool I have been aware that the connector was a weak point and I was always as gentle as possible when retrieving the cleaner to empty the debris basket. Seems like it is only a matter of time no matter how careful you are with the hose. Hopefully Polaris has recognized this weak spot and has or is re-engineering a better connection for the hose.
IMG_20201011_120922.jpgIMG_20201011_121204.jpgIMG_20201011_120918.jpg

Reactions: hepmama
Have gone through two Polaris Quattros. The first was a white one, which I understand is the one sold by Leslies Pools. While it cleaned my pool better than any other pool cleaner I have had, it constantly was having parts break associated that were associated with mobility. Finally, my local Leslies Pool manager convinced Polaris to send me a new one. The new one was colored blue, which I guess everyone else gets. It worked great for about 5 months, and now the the latch that holds the reservoir that collects debris has failed and a new part has been ordered by my local dealer, again under the warranty. No clue how long it will take to get the part. In the meantime, my old Polaris with the bag and sweeping tail still works and cleans the pool. Of course the tail squirts water on the pool deck now and then, and if you happen to be standing in the wrong place, you get wet. The Quattrro concept is a good idea, Polaris just needs to figure out how to get the bugs fixed before they roll it out to the public. In the meantime, I would wait to buy one until they can improve the quality of this expensive piece of machinery.

My experience with only 1 month of operation.
  • Overall, cleans better/more thoroughly than my recently deceased 3900
  • Does a much better job collecting fine silt, even with the fine mesh bag on the 3900 I would miss the little stuff, particularly during oak pollen season
  • We are out of the heavy leaf season, but I don't think the large debris container will hold as much as the leaf bag on the 3900; would be happy to be surprised
  • Does a much better job climbing and scrubbing the sides
  • About the same in terms of speed of the daily clean, have not needed to add additional run time and it picks up stuff at least as good as the 3900
  • I like the look better than the 3900, much cleaner lines. I chose the white Leslie's version, as the pretty blue on my 3900 faded within a year or two.
  • Too early to estimate TCO vs 3900, crossing my fingers that I won't experience some of the common issues I have seen over the inter webs
  • Just for comparison, my 3900 lasted 11 years and only required 2 new bags, a new tail pipe, and a couple dozen of those scrubber thingies until the mechanical motor housing broke last month. So overall, pretty good even though I leave it in the pool most of the time. Had a 360 prior to that, it was much worse. It required a new wheel or axel pretty much every year to keep it running in addition to the bags and scrubber things.
Before the death of my 3900, I was really jones-ing on those fancy robots. But, while the quattro is kinda dumb in comparison, and probably not as good at cleaning, my lazy won the day. While it is not recommended to leave either in the pool 24/7, there are no electronics in the quattro so it stays in the pool except for large parties. The value to me is that my pool is always clean and ready to swim, even if I forget to do my chores. And, while robots are going to be more efficient in terms of energy usage, I monitor all of my energy, and I calculated that the booster pump only adds about 22 cents/month @ 2 hours/day; I can live with that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.