Any reason to lower TA?

Here are my latest results. I plan to raise CYA and borates by 10, but was curious if there's any reason to lower my TA? I currently run my pump on low for 6 hours with the SWG at 40%.

71497ae8f226e97c7a6b1cd8a7a0d684.png

It was recommended to me to try and bring mine down to 80ish, which I did. It does seem to help my PH remain steady. I only really see changes when I get lots of rain, like the 4" added Friday.

That's odd. Most people with SWG complain about rising pH. Falling pH is more common with those who use pucks. In any event the borates will help buffer pH movement in both directions. It makes it harder to move either way.

And where you are trying to keep it. I would have to add MA pretty often if I tried to maintain a pH of 7.2 or 7.4, but if I try to keep it more like 7.8 it doesn't require as much.

I bought a bunch of MA to last me all season, but I got my TA locked in at 70 and my PH hasn't budged. Just a bunch of MA sitting here now.

In my opinion, adding MA once a day is too often, but every pool is different. Depends also on howucj you're adding!
Thanks. My TA was 150 and was adding MA daily but I didn't know better since I'm a first-time pool owner. I've since got the TA down to 90 and the acid additions are much less frequent.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.