Any idea what this pipe is for?

I hope I’m posting in the right place. I’ve had this small PVC pipe sticking up out of the ground with a bent rubber hose (wrapped with copper wire) attached to some kind of valve. I never paid it much attention until today when trying to locate my water temp sensor. It’s been like this since we moved in 3 years ago. If I unkink the hose the filter loses pressure, if I block the end with my finger there is suction and the system regains pressure. Attached is a pic. Any help would be appreciated!
2E6A53F7-2FE7-4F87-A1C8-0F0BD3F2041E.jpeg

dl,

Could be a number of things, like an old Ozone input or something similar...

It is not a booster pump line because it is too small and they are on the pressure side, not the suction side.

One thing for sure, it is not needed and you should cap it off..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: DLDowney
Thanks for the insight! It’s definitely not a booster line, although we do have a booster for our Polaris vac. The plumbing was redone prior to us buying the house maybe it was from the old installation. There’s what looks like a ball valve when I unscrew it. I think I will just cap it. Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.