Another Vegas OB

If it’s not too late, consider IntelliCenter instead of Intellitouch. Intellicenter is Pentair’s latest automation product, and should be about the same price. You wouldn’t buy a 10-year old iPhone, no reason to buy the old automation product.
Hi Jim,
Thanks!
Agreed. Automation is actually the intelli center with i- 7 kit & screen interface. Cost more but makes sense, IMO.

Had a couple different delays and keep running out of daylight... should be roughed in late this week tho.

PIPES! Lots and lots of PIPES!!! That is another huge step forward! SWEET!

Kim:kim:

I vote that CJ's hot tub construction pic is used for all new discussions on how the built in tub 'complicates the plumbing'. New people planning a build understand it in theory, but those pics speak 1000s of words.

Also CJ...... looking awesome

Thanks!

I would humbly add money to any discussion on spas as well. Certainly adds a significant cost.

While reconcilIng the budget recently, I decided to start adding up just the spa costs...

I quickly put the pencil away.

Looks like all manual valves. Are you going to replace any with Intellivalves so you can control them with your IntelliCenter?

Looks like all manual valves. Are you going to replace any with Intellivalves so you can control them with your IntelliCenter?

Hi Jim,
Yes, that is the plan. We are doing the electric this week and haven’t set them up yet but we have 4 actuators on hand. Planned for:
1. spa/pool suction.
2. spa/ pool heat return.
3. sheer descent.
4. solar.

Debating on adding one to the heater by pass, but it’s not imperative, imo, for automation.

Anyway, please let me know what you think of the game plan.

Hi Jim,
Yes, that is the plan. We are doing the electric this week and haven’t set them up yet but we have 4 actuators on hand. Planned for:
1. spa/pool suction.
2. spa/ pool heat return.
3. sheer descent.
4. solar.

Debating on adding one to the heater by pass, but it’s not imperative, imo, for automation.

Anyway, please let me know what you think of the game plan.
Looks good to me!

Wow, time sure flies when building a pool! Been busy working and forgot to post progress.
We finished up electric underground & got the initial inspections done.
Backfilled and compacted (and compacted some more) all the trenches we could.
Then we dug it up for again for patio cover footings :rolleyes:.
(Not the same areas, just for clarity, not putting footings on pipes, LOL)
pics aren’t cooperating so I will try again tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tile selections:
Left side is the sheer descent, right is water line and bond beam, and spa glass.

The sheer is cantilevered out about 4” and above the waterline.
Waterline and bond beam tile is also on the face of the raised deck, seen in last couple pics.
238D850C-395F-4C66-9DC2-ACEDC4FB0EF3.jpeg

OH happy day! Man I love everything about that shell! Have you started to bond with it? aka watering it! It will help slow the curing making it stronger in the long run.

It is time for YOUR set of links!

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

OH happy day! Man I love everything about that shell! Have you started to bond with it? aka watering it! It will help slow the curing making it stronger in the long run.

It is time for YOUR set of links!

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Hi Kim,
Thanks for the links! More reading for me.

Yes, Lots of watering ! Wind picked up for a couple days so it was a challenge.

Pool will be salt, once plaster dust clears out we will replace the dummy cell for the ic 60 and start transitioning. Since we are OB, I will be following the great advice from TFP on start up, water testing and balancing. I havent ordered the salt test kit yet, but the k2006 & supplemental is bookmarked.

I have maintained my own pools for many years, albeit, using the traditional pool store methods. This is the first salt pool for us. So we have been studying everything we can find, especially the articles here, in depth. Its amazing how many “Pros” we have encountered that discouraged the use of salt sanitation.

Some notables:
“ That will corrode your equipment ”
“ UV is better for you and your pool”
”The rebar will rust and the shell will fall apart...”
“ You need special equipment or the manufacturer wont honor the warranty”

Looks like they remembered to make the bottom jet opening bigger...waterproof that spa inside / outside.
Hi Roy,
Yep, I had the pdf for the waterway niches available, so the finishers complied. Not sure what we would have ended up with otherwise.

The bench was a bit of a challenge but they eventually got it right.

Im looking up the Aquaron next so I can get that in before tile. Thanks!

We split the plumbing into two zones, 2 each waterway manifolds and a couple singles per pump. The manifolds are first in line before the singles. The plumbing co. owner built his own using a similar set up, with 10 jets on a single pump, so he advised throughout.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.