Another Vegas OB Pool Build!!!

Keddkilla

Silver Supporter
Oct 15, 2017
Las Vegas
Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you to myvegaspool, deric203, and Jeev, for giving me tips, subs advice, etc... and others on TFP for providing this vast wealth of knowledge! I would have never attempted an OB otherwise.

I received my plans back from Jay at mypoolplans.com. My yard is a touch bigger than most Summerlin-Vegas yards go, but I wanted to maximize yard space as best as possible by placing the pool over in the corner.;) This corner is also the only area to see the sun after about 2pm, which was the reason for the wet deck placement location.

The dimensions are- 40x16(23' at the wet deck), 9x12 wet deck with 2 LED bubblers, 8x8 spa with spillover, and 5 deck jets. Depth goes from 4ft to 8ft.

Equipment specs are- Easytouch 8 w/ IC60 salt generator and screen logic, Pentair CL520 cartridge filter, Raypak 399k heater, 7 globright(4 pool, 1 spa, 2 LED bubblers) 3(?) Intelliflo vst pumps( circulation, water features, and spa), 2hp silencer blower. Cleaning robot TBD.

Any glaring problems with my pool? Anything I left out? I do want as many jets in the spa as possible, so I assume this is something I discuss with the plumber. I also am planning on solar, as all of my neighbors swear by it.

Next step is engineering and 2 HOA's, followed by Las Vegas City which should be fun:mad:

Attachments

• POOL_002.jpg
    POOL_002.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 435
Well hello there! You LV peeps are giving quite some love to the subs in your area! Love it!

You say the depth is 4' to 8'. I am guessing the bench and spa are at the 8' end. The one thing I would change is the bench. I would put it on the side of the spa instead of the end of the pool. The reasons are-sitting and talking with those in the spa would be easier, helps keep the jumping/diving off the deep end INSTEAD of off the spa wall, gives you a better swim lane without the bench on the end.

Kim:kim:

Have fun at the City. Do not let them send your pool plans to a consultant. Call them and ask for a counter review schedule. Some days they will have no counter reviews. Some days they will have half day counter reviews. Some days they say they will have reviews but it doesn't happen. People down there are friendly and just working with what is thrown at them. If your plans get sent off to a consultant, count on 30 days for the permit.

Plan looks great!

Just seen your thread after our messages. Love the design and size of your pool! Not sure you need 3 pumps but I would consider 1 more glo bright in the pool, 1 at each end then 2 in the middle for a more consistent lighting at night time. I have 4 and my pool isn’t as long as yours and I have no dead spots.
If you need anything you have all my contact info so don’t hesitate to reach out
Look forward to following along

Finally getting things going around here!!

Kim, after going back and forth with the wife, we(;)) decided to keep the bench on the end. I reduced it in seat width a bit to make it less obtrusive. Lucky for us 40 ft is our at a time swim limit without resting!:p

I took Deric203's advice and brib... waited patiently with a smile at the city. Only had to go twice!

Thanks to bdavis and Big Will for answering my PMs no matter how redundant.

Got the ground cleared and the dig finished. The excavators only hit a bit of caliche, so I got lucky. They told me of other 100+ hour hammering horror stories.
20171120_144225_001_resized_1.jpg20171218_104626_resized.jpg
The plumbing and steel is in progress...20171229_170746_resized.jpg20171230_144644_resized.jpg20171229_171332_resized.jpg

After explaining many times on keeping the spa plumbing big, the airline to the spa was reduced from a 2" line down to a 1" loop instead of 1.5" inside spa.:evil: Is this something I need to have them redo? Or with it looped(feeding 9 jets) will it be okay? I can't thing of a way to easily fix it without tearing apart the water side as well.

Only 1 minor hiccup so far. There are 3 small windows above the equipment pad which can be opened(never have, never will). It looks like I may need to replace the glass in at least 1 of them to make it a fixed pane, and provide the necessary clearance from the Raypak death star. Hopefully I can do this without pulling out the entire old window frame.

The plumbers and steel guys return on Tues, and electric on Thurs.

At least it was an informed decision! That is what TFP is all about........throwing out ideas for you to try on for size...........remember "Happy wife, happy life!"

ONLY twice??? Must have a great smile! Good job!

No input on the spa pipe size sorry.

Fixed pane over the heater? WHY?

What and when is the next step?

A window that can be opened has to have a minimum clearance from the heater exhaust for safety reasons. To keep exhaust from entering the house if the window were to ever be opened and the heater running. Safety reasons.

Well that rule makes sense! Here is hoping it will be a easy "fix" and cheap!

I just had a thought about your shelf. How deep is it going to be in the end? I would ask the gunite people to put a small step in the corner closest to the house to help with getting in and out of the pool. Nothing too big. Just a step that is out of the way.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
First inspection failed...well, partial pass it was called. 2 easy fixes. One of them is not incorrect, but we changed to make the inspector happy. Passed on re-inspection.

I have a question regarding placement of the globright in the shallow end. The gray pipe on the far side of the pool on the right end of this picture.
20180105_082107_resized.jpg
The light is aimed at the corner of the wet deck and is pretty close (6 or 7 feet in pool length) to the right light on the near side of the pool(left of the wet deck). It is 10' or so away from the shallow end wall. Would it be better to move that light farther to the right 2 or 3 feet closer to the shallow end wall, next to the deck jet (small vertical white pipe), so it aims roughly at the middle of the wetdeck? My hope was to have it shed light onto the wetdeck when the bubbler lights aren't on.

If you only have 2 lights along the long end of the pool then I personally wouldn’t change it because you run the risk of not having the pool evenly lit. However you can always add a third light and you will have all the light you need :)

Looks like you have started "bonding" with your pool already! Good job!

Those trespassers sure are cute! Was it hard to catch them to deal with them?? aka feed, bath, and get to bed?? LOL Are they ALL yours?? :shock: here you need this :cheers:

It is time for your own set of links! It is a lot of info so take it slow. It will all start to make sense when you start to use it:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

PoolMath

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Now is a good time to think about getting your test kit. The one in my siggy below is the one I think is the best bang for the buck.

Finally a little update. My travertine and tile both took forever to arrive. Unfortunately, my tile did not survive transport by an unnamed parcel service, and I had to wait for replacements.

We elected to go ahead with the coping and pavers while we waited for tile replacements.

Travertine is in and now I need to crack the whip on the tile guy(me). :poke::whip:
20180314_190709_resized.jpg20180314_175344_resized.jpg20180314_190839_resized.jpg20180314_180439_resized.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.