Another small pool build League City TX

I like the bottom photo, 2nd one from the right for your spray deck as well. I think it goes well with your brick and offers some contrast to your coping. I think the darker color will also hide dirt/stains better. I’m impressed your PB came out this morning to start things up with as heavy as the rains have been today. That’s awesome! Seems like your build went quickly although I’m sure it may have seemed like forever to you. I’m still waiting on permits to start. I’ve heard LC can be a little slow with permits. That’s fine with me since I’d like it to dry up a bit before they start.

I do have a question for you about the two drains the city requires. My HOA seems to think the city won’t allow drains to the street but I see you have one. Also, what is the drain from your pool to the city sewer? Is it an overflow line?

Your pool looks great! I’m jealous and I can’t wait till I’m on your end of the pool building spectrum.

WHAT?????? They were there this morning to get everything started?? SWEET!

Looking at the bottom pic................1st pick i sthe darker brown (second from right), 2nd pick I guess the last one on the left but really am liking the darker one. The reason is it is a good contrast from your coping AND it looks like it would match a couple of the bricks in your house. It looks rich to me.

Kim:kim:

Those are the 2 options I picked out with the darker color being the front runner. I like the contrast it gives against the coping and it blends well with the house brick.

I like the second photo, second from right sample. It picks up the colours from your waterline tile and house. I am really, really bad at this stuff though so probably don’t count my vote [emoji23]
I think you're right on the money!

I like the bottom photo, 2nd one from the right for your spray deck as well. I think it goes well with your brick and offers some contrast to your coping. I think the darker color will also hide dirt/stains better. I’m impressed your PB came out this morning to start things up with as heavy as the rains have been today. That’s awesome! Seems like your build went quickly although I’m sure it may have seemed like forever to you. I’m still waiting on permits to start. I’ve heard LC can be a little slow with permits. That’s fine with me since I’d like it to dry up a bit before they start.

I do have a question for you about the two drains the city requires. My HOA seems to think the city won’t allow drains to the street but I see you have one. Also, what is the drain from your pool to the city sewer? Is it an overflow line?

Your pool looks great! I’m jealous and I can’t wait till I’m on your end of the pool building spectrum.
Agreed on the color as well. One drain that runs along my back patio runs out to the street. I guess this to prevent water from entering the home in the event there is heavy continuous rain and the yard floods. The main drains from the bottom of the pool gets tied into the city sewer. I believe it is an overflow line as the plumber tied it into the little overflow pipe in the front of the yard. I'm not sure why your HOA thinks the city won't allow it. Do you have any neighbors with a pool? My build went pretty well as the PB was perfect in terms of timing everything. There was a delay in getting plaster due to the recent heavy rains but that turned out to be a good thing as I did more research and decided to upgrade to Wet Edge Satin matrix at the last minute. The most stressful part was choosing the waterline tile and plaster. During the process I kept thinking to myself that I really screwed and wasted money a pool. That thought went out the window as soon as the pool was filled this morning. If you don't mind, please send me a PM with the name of builder you're going with.

Wow, I guess all the cool people live in League City. I can say that because that is where I live too, LOL. Jbrillo, I will PM you who I used and they were and still are terrible. I warned tldude876 about my builder and he did not use who I used.

Wow, I guess all the cool people live in League City. I can say that because that is where I live too, LOL. Jbrillo, I will PM you who I used and they were and still are terrible. I warned tldude876 about my builder and he did not use who I used.

Sorry you didn’t have a good experience with your PB. So far, mine has been excellent but we haven’t broken ground yet(still waiting on city permits) so it’s too early to really tell. I will definitely let people know how it goes. I started a build thread if you’re interested:

https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/173891-New-IG-build-League-City-TX/page2

Nice to see yet another person from LC! I noticed in your sig that you have Polk Atrium 6 & 8 speakers. I was looking at those for myself. Are you happy with them?

Had our first swim on Saturday. We had some friends over and the joy on the kids face made it all worth it. The water was a tad cold so I didn't want to put 6 month old in. He was watching the splashes and couldn't contain his excitement, I had to let him in on the action.

20181001_122328.jpg

On the flip side of things I do notice some white spots in the plaster. It appears the pebbles are no longer in those spots. I'm not sure if it's due to brushing or what. I mentioned it to the PB on Friday and he called the office immediately to have the plaster crew come take a look. Two white dots in the picture.
20181001_182705.jpg

11yo making use of the pool as I type.
20181001_183942.jpg

The joy, the pure joy on that face makes everything else fade a way. That 11yr old has some legs on him! Glad I don't have to feed him LOL

Yeah it does look like the pebbles went bye-bye. Hoping they will have a good fix for it.

The joy, the pure joy on that face makes everything else fade a way. That 11yr old has some legs on him! Glad I don't have to feed him LOL

Yeah it does look like the pebbles went bye-bye. Hoping they will have a good fix for it.

Thanks Kim. I'm hoping they don't have to redo the plaster. I plan to call wet edge customer service to see if this is a known issue.
That’s so great to see!

Glad your pb has been so responsive about the pebble issue. Hopefully that’s the extent of it and it doesn’t get any worse.

Did you decide on a spray deck colour?
Thanks man. Going with the brown spray deck(second from right). I think that will give the light colored stone and coping a little contrast plus it will be easier to keep clean.
Glad to see you guys got to enjoy your new pool this weekend! Looks like lots of good times with the family in your future.
Congrats man!
Thanks jbrillo. Lots of fun times ahead! By next summer I should have the pergola, furniture and everthing else ready! No start date on your build? You can stop by to check mine out if there's anything you want to look at in person.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks jbrillo. Lots of fun times ahead! By next summer I should have the pergola, furniture and everthing else ready! No start date on your build? You can stop by to check mine out if there's anything you want to look at in person.

No start date yet. Still waiting on city permits. I heard that LC is pretty slow with permits, which is fine with me. I’d like it to dry up a little before they dig. Do you know how long It took for you to get your permits?

Thanks for for the offer to check out your pool. I may take you up on that. Did you end up getting a heater or get it plumbed for one? I think that was something you were thinking about.

It looks like the plaster guys came out and touched up the white spots yesterday but they did miss quite a few. I don't mind the patches but my concern is if more spots will appear and does it affect the longevity of the plaster. The plumber came and added valves to each of the sheers also because the flow was uneven among them.
20181002_175435.jpg

It took about 3 weeks give or take. My gas meter is on the corner up front opposite the pool. My PB suggested that I would be better off with an electric heat pump than gas. As time goes I might get one installed.

Thanks for letting me know! My PB had to resubmit the plans due to an issue with the utility easement. My current patio extends 2ft. into the easement(home builder told us they had permission to build there) and the city wants to be sure when they break up the existing patio(to run utilities to pool side) that they don’t put the new patio into easement. The plans didn’t have it in the easement but the city wanted in writing that they won’t build into it. Seems a bit particular, especially since the plans didn’t put it in the easement. Hopefully it won’t take too much longer.

Looks good to me too! From the pictures, it looks like it goes well with the house. Looks similar to the color we are going with. Do you remember the name of the color?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.