Another pool north of Dallas

Readyforapool, so sorry to hear all the issues you are having. On the bright side its a beautiful pool and I love the stone work and colors. I hope you get this resolved soon and I hope we don't run into issues once the pool is filled.

Do they do any type of county inspections during the pool build in your area?

It's too bad they were paid in full. I can't believe this is still unresolved. Just ridiculous! I'm so sorry.

Thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it! Yes we had multiple inspections but they were not looking for things like this and wouldn't have caught this leak. I do think the owner will make it right, he has a good reputation, it just may take a while. And since he has all of his money, I have little recourse to make it happen except Better Business Bureau or legal and I don't think we are to that point. Jro - patience is a virtue and mine is running thin, for sure.

I truly think that the problem is due to subs that had not been used before and their workmanship and quality was not proven. Mine was not one of their mega pools - they had 15 being built the same time as mine, and I got the lowest bidder or whoever they could find to do the job. The superintendent seemed to only know the concrete decking crew and the electricians, which seemed a bit odd to me. Thanks again for listening to me whine!!

Ready, sorry to hear about your problem. Sub oversight is a problem for all and sup. or PB isn't there all the time. My PB wants to put the pumbing for sheers on the backside, not inside, of the of our raised wall. The backside is out of sight. From your issue, do you think this is a good idea? He also says those pipes will have to be winterized a couple months a year. Have you ever heard of that? Good luck with your PB! It will get fixed it's just a matter of how and when. Hang in there. Thanks, Mark

Mark - this is our first pool so I'm pretty clueless but that would seem to make more sense to me that way if there is a problem they wouldn't have to tear into the wall, easier access and less mess, every time they work on it I wind up with mortar and **** in the pool. I'm sure the folks on here who are experts can tell you the pros and cons.

Still no resolution...talked with Mr. PB yesterday about when/if anything was going to happen and he indicated that the stone guy has been basically unresponsive. I got the impression they were putting the pressure on him but it may take some time, frustrating to say the least. I am tired of this issue, I have landscaping that needs to be done but waiting to determine if they will eventually tear into it or just seal the heck out of it.

On the positive side, the outdoor kitchen should start tomorrow, hope the forecasted rain holds off until later in the day. He said he was bringing extra help as they wanted to get the stone all in tomorrow. Granite has been selected and they are scheduled to measure it on Monday. We had the PB run the gas and electric for the kitchen when they did the pool. The kitchen contractor came out yesterday to do some prep and said the electric had not been done! Called Mr. PB and he's having the electrician come out today to work on it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In spite of the rain on Saturday, the kitchen stone install went well! We decided to use the same stone that is on the pool to attempt to tie things together. We are waiting on the granite, hopefully, it will be tomorrow. Contractor really worked hard on the spot for the refrigerator on the end, it was way bigger than he had planned but we needed lots of room for the adult beverages! He included three outlets - one for the frig, one for the rotisserie and one that will be dedicated to the big honkin' margarita machine! Can't wait to see that monster out there!

Love your granite on your kitchen! What color is it? I see you have the most important appliance adorning the countertop ;). I saw your earlier post and had to look it up at BB&B....it is on my wishlist. The kiddos and the adults would get good use out of it. The kiddos love pina coladas without alcohol of course :).

Let me know if it makes the drinks smooth and creamy and not chunky with bits of ice.

Love your granite on your kitchen! What color is it? I see you have the most important appliance adorning the countertop ;). I saw your earlier post and had to look it up at BB&B....it is on my wishlist. The kiddos and the adults would get good use out of it. The kiddos love pina coladas without alcohol of course :).

Let me know if it makes the drinks smooth and creamy and not chunky with bits of ice.

Thanks so much! Granite color is bainbrook brown - let me tell you, check your granite samples in several different lights and different times of the day. I had a totally different color picked that looked more beige with a little pink (to match the brick) luckily I checked it late in the afternoon and the pink was more yellow/gold, the second choice was much more orange than pink late in the afternoon, this granite was the only one that had held the color in all the changes!

The margarita machine does make the drinks pretty smooth, the trick is to let the ice sit out for 20 - 30 minutes before using it so it's not rock hard. There are a couple of newer versions that have two or three pitchers so you can make different things! You wonder who comes up with these ideas!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.