Another pool north of Dallas

Yes I have been looking. Looked at a place on 423 (main) coming out of the colony coming into Frisco about 450 delivered and planted. Yep I looked at shades of green this weekend. Trying to hire a landscaper but not willing for them to overcharge me for plants and then still have labor on top of it. I lost a palm this winter in the front that has to be replaced and I really want to put one or two in the back by the pool as well, but the price is causing me heartburn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's the leak detection coming along? Did they figure out if it's from the scuppers or ???

Casey - thanks for asking, the PB thinks that the water was hitting the wall and soaking through - here's the theory, at the time it was really bad, the wind was from the north and hitting the scuppers from the front side forcing the water onto the wall. Now that the wind has shifted and coming from the south, we haven't seen the water on the wall. They came out and sealed the stone on the front side and between the shifting wind and the sealer, it appears everything is dry, for now. Not sure what will happen when the wind shifts or the sealer wears off!

So I haven't commented on my pool problems for a while hoping that Mr. PB will get the problems resolved. About a month after filling the pool we started to notice white streaks in the bottom near the drains, no amount of brushing will remove them I showed them to Mr. PB several times when they were investigating the scupper/wall leak. As time has passed, the white marks haven't changed and there is a white "cloud" down the center of the pool and the spa is almost totally covered. I've been testing my water every day and consistently having to add acid every other day to keep the ph down. Finally the plaster company came out today. He indicated the wet edge rep is in Houston and he will see what he wants to do. He thinks they will try to start with the spa, drain it, power wash and then acid wash it. If that works then they will do the pool. Someone talk me off the ledge!!! Does this sound like the right approach? Should I wait live with it for now and wait for swim season to be over for this year?

Ugh... it's just not ending for you is it? I hope it's an easy fix but I have no idea or how long it will take. I'll let someone more knowledgeable than me answer this for you.

If it makes you feel any better, my skimmers aren't skimming, my spa light has a mind of it's own (randomly changes color and is out of sync with the pool light), my salt system wasn't registering flow for a month unless the pump was cranked way up (this might be resolved now), my intellichem was not registering flow until it got replumbed (according to the installation instructions in the manual), my polaris decided to shed its tail the other day (maybe it's like a lizard that loses its tail to distract predators ... at least this was an easy fix), and I had giant lakes forming in my yard when it rained until they recently added more drainage. I thought maybe your misery would like some company. :)

I hope things start to look up for you soon! Hang in there. :D

If it makes you feel any better, my skimmers aren't skimming, my spa light has a mind of it's own (randomly changes color and is out of sync with the pool light), my salt system wasn't registering flow for a month unless the pump was cranked way up (this might be resolved now), my intellichem was not registering flow until it got replumbed (according to the installation instructions in the manual), my polaris decided to shed its tail the other day (maybe it's like a lizard that loses its tail to distract predators ... at least this was an easy fix), and I had giant lakes forming in my yard when it rained until they recently added more drainage. I thought maybe your misery would like some company. :)

I hope things start to look up for you soon! Hang in there. :D

Sounds like you and I just need to fire up the margarita machines and try to forget our problem pools!

Oh no, I thought your pool problems were finally resolved! Sorry to hear they continue. My opinion, I would let them drain the spa and "fix it" as soon as they're ready. I'm not sure how easy it will be to reschedule them if they are traveling from Houston.

Jro - I may have not been clear - the plaster company is located here in Dallas, the Wet Edge Rep is in Houston and they want him to see the problem. There apparently have been issues with the darker colors (wish I had known that before). We will have them do the spa and see if it resolves the problem and wait until fall to do the pool. Not sure what our options will be if it doesn't work....

Casey - you are more than welcome to try out the Rita machine - I like mine with lots of salt, please!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can see how the water might get the wall damp with the wind blowing it against the inside or even dripping back from the edges, but what about the big puddles that were forming in the yard? That would worry me a lot more. Did that happen again or just kind of go away on its own? *yikes*

Sorry you are having so many problems.

I can see how the water might get the wall damp with the wind blowing it against the inside or even dripping back from the edges, but what about the big puddles that were forming in the yard? That would worry me a lot more. Did that happen again or just kind of go away on its own? *yikes*

Sorry you are having so many problems.

Thanks - they never really addressed it except to adust the auto fill - it hasn't happened again so I guess that was the problem. I wouldn't have thought that would take care of it but it hasn't happened again.

So here's an update - Plaster guy and Wet Edge Rep were here yesterday to look at the white marks in the finish. The Rep brought a very sophisticated looking testing case and started testing the water, I brought out my TFP kit and notebook that I've recorded every test and every acid addition since we filled (I think he was a bit shocked but impressed!). I tested as he did and my results were pretty much spot on with his (yahoo!). The marks are scaling due to the unending high ph and the calcium being so high, even though this thing has been sucking acid like there's no tomorrow! I'm about at the point where I'm afraid to swim because my skin will melt off... While we were talking I asked why this color was not on their website and his response was that they pulled it because of exactly the problems we are experiencing. Would have been nice to know when Mr. PB was pushing this one over the pebbletec....makes me wonder. The plaster guy will talk with PB about doing an acid wash to remove it. Wet Edge rep recommended an acid tank - are there different kinds? If so, is there a recommended brand? He also recommended borates and a product called Beautec - anyone used that?
I'm about to put a sign in the yard and walk away - this pool build has not been a pleasant experience and knowing what I know now, I wish I would have spent my money on a lot of beach trips instead.

I hate to hear of your problems. Aganozing I know.
Hopefully the PB and the plaster guy can git it fixed up so you can enjoy it.
Gorgeous Palm Too. WOw.

Now about being scared to get in the water because of all the acid....
The acid when mixed with the water actually breaks apart quickly and is acid no more after that. Perfectly safe after 30 mins or so of adding it. If it didnt break apart, then no pool would ever be safe after a short while and a few doses of MA.
(I learned this fact here on TFP while reading in "the deep end").

The Ph is very suceptible to acid and reacts very quickly to it which is the main reason MA is used.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.