Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

Here's an article I found, because I don't care to swim with spiders. I did last summer, and I put up with it. But I'd rather not.....

in this section we are going to talk about how to repel spiders outdoors. Now if you've got spiders outdoors that means that you've got a really healthy garden and that you've got a really healthy area. Cause spiders are good bugs, they eat all the bad bugs like the aphids, and the ants and all the other mosquitoes that are becoming problems for you. So to have spiders is not a bad thing, but they can be poisonous and they can be very distracting. So there's a lot of different types of herbs that you can use to repel spiders so you can control your whole property, but if you are having a dinner party or you are having guests in a certain area, there's a few things that you can use to repel spiders. First of all spiders don't like eucalyptus at all, so either you have bouquets with eucalyptus cinnabar, just put eucalyptus around the food or in seeding areas or anywhere where you think there are spiders, eucalyptus works really well. The same with lavender, they don't like the fragrance of lavenders, so if you put little lavender, dried lavender around the house or any other areas, that works really well too. Citrus works too. Spiders don't like citrus at all. And the same thing when I'm working outside too, I try to avoid the spiderweb but they are everywhere. So when I am walking around too I try to if I am going to an area I haven't been in a while, just start with a stick and just wave the stick around so the stick will catch all the spider webs and you'll find that the spiders won't get over you as much as well. But really there's no way to get rid of all of them because they are going to be everywhere, so by using spices like cayenne pepper and curry powder and any type of red hot chili pepper, Tabasco too if they are coming into a certain area. If you sprinkle that, that seems to help. To protect yourself to if you put any type of oil on your body whether it's olive oil or vegetable oil, if you are outside where's there a lot of spiders too, they might jump on you but the also they're not going to bite you, especially if you got lavender oil or any type of herb with it and that seems to repel them really well. So spiders are a good thing, but you can still set boundaries for them.

Read more: How to Repel Spiders Outdoors | Garden Guides

I couldn't stand it..... I called our PB. I told him I was disappointed, and he so sweetly consoled me. He said MMG rolls out about 600 workers every morning (their gunite, plaster, and boulder crews), and that it's almost always a work-in-progress schedule as they go along.

He told me what I really wanted to know, that they probably will NOT be here today, since they aren't already. He said being a Saturday, they will most likely cut off earlier so the men can rest the rest of today and tomorrow. He's talked to a couple of the field foremen over the last week, and they are really pushing their workers hard.

Kelly said there's a slim chance they could come today between now and 3:00. But if not by 3, then I can go to Bahama Buck's and get a giant ice cream snow cone...... He also said, if the pebble doesn't happen today, he can almost promise me it will be Monday.

I'm good with that. The workers will be rested and refreshed, right? (or have severe headaches from too many beverages, ha ha!)

Once again.... party postponed. Everybody go home. Thanks for showing up!
Suz.

You want rested and refreshed workers. The plaster is not easily redone like your travertine was. Everything happens for a reason. Take the time to take as many pictures as you can now. The transformation on Monday will blow your mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks ITR and Kim: Ya'll are so sweet and kind. I definitely want refreshed workers. That's a good idea. I will bond some more with our Starship this evening and in the morning. I'll take some pictures and wash down a few more of the tiles (more of a maternal thing rather than necessity).

I strongly agree that everything happens for a reason. I've seen it proven a million times over. And I'm still excited for the starship transformation!
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Paris, IT IS FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Oh, I can't believe it! Finally! Can you believe it?!!!! The Shell Beach look just like they should - exquisite! And of course the Steel Blue tiles are phenomenal! I can't get over how beautifully they go with your coping, decking, stonework, everything! Oh, oh, oh, oh!!!!! I love the Blue Granite. Those MMG guys did a fantastic job! Everything looks so smooth - like an artist with clay! You were right to do acid today (ak hem).

Ok, now, don't quit on us now..... We will still require of you more pictures of the water fill! You're not done yet!!

Thanks so much for plastering, I mean paving, the way for me! I'm right behind ya'!
Suzy.

Wow! I can't stop looking at your photos!

Paris: I forgot to say Congratulations!!!! At the top of my lungs - did you hear me up there in Montgomery?!

And I just realized how I feel - I couldn't find the words earlier. I feel like there's been a birth! And you know what? Thank heavens to goodness, it didn't take NINE months!!! I don't think any of us would have survived! Lol!!

Let us know when ya'll first dip your toe-sies in the water! I can tell you, we won't wait until the pool is full!!!

Thanks for becoming such a good friend during our pool builds with Kelly.
Suzy.

Paris: Did you do just the one 'batch' of shimmering sea shells with the plaster? Did you tell them where to broadcast them? Did they do any on the walls? Oh, I have so many questions!

I hope I get your crew! My whole pool has felt like I've had the second or third string crews. Oh please, let me have an experienced and great crew. Will you come out and share your good karma with my pool?

How will I know if the crew I get is doing a good job???? Did you bribe them? If so, how much?

I'm sure I will be back with more questions for you.

I think it is the most beautiful pool ever! May I be it's godmother???? I think I feel so connected to your pool, because we've shared such a journey with the same PB.
Suzy.

Ernie, I was saving it for tomorrow..... But ok, I'll post it now. (I've decided not to go get my ice cream snow cone....)

Here's the star.... I love the size and location, but the color of the flagstone is a tad dark for my liking. Yes, I approved the stone before they did it, but there's that ugly old defect I have rearing it's ugly head again - I can't visually translate from a small sample to the larger entity. Augh! It's so frustrating. But, I tried to prepare for the possibility I wouldn't like the color - well in a way. The star guy wanted to mortar it down to the ground. They seemed pretty insistent on it. But if you remember, this is my Si Si crew, so communication is weak at best. I tried to tell them that the travertine wasn't mortared down, so why did the star have to be. That way, if I ever want or need to replace it, I could rather easily. Our compromise was that they used only grout in the seams. My other thought is that it might fade over time. I'm certainly not going to seal IT!!!!! I want it to fade. If I could make it fade faster, I would. After I saw it grouted in, I wished I had asked for a travertine star - more subtle but still classy. But some of you will understand, a Texas star can't and shouldn't be subtle. So I think I need to keep the flagstone. I just hope it fades, to a softer rosa color.

Ooooooo I have more news to share that interrupted this post!!!
Suz.

Yes. They did the walls and floor, tanning shelf, jacuzzi walls and floor with those little pearl chips.

Here is a pic with my bowls resting on top of the columns. Can't wait till the water and fire is flowing through them.

Love the star Suzy

image.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.