Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

I have a great sign in my house that says "Who's dumb enough to throw s*** at a fan anyway?"

Suz, love your pool sign! Rosie and her parts reminded me of all those times on the Jetsons she would somehow get broken. Seeing all those parts made me kinda sad!

- - - Updated - - -

My sign doesn't have the *** tho. :D

Wow! That looks like just the piece of "gear" for a gadget guy like me....but daygum...they ain't cheap. I almost fell off the couch when I saw the cost. Maybe a Christmas present to myself (Jan would certainly balk at it...**** accountants).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! That looks like just the piece of "gear" for a gadget guy like me....but daygum...they ain't cheap. I almost fell off the couch when I saw the cost. Maybe a Christmas present to myself (Jan would certainly balk at it...**** accountants).

Surely an accountant would realize that prices are certain to go up, and now is the best time to buy one?!

I know, the cost..... TFP posters are certainly getting the wrong idea about me. There are few people as tight with money as I am. Something about this pool thing has made me act in a totally different way. When I found out about the robots, I knew I wanted one. So I told myself that I would treat myself to a robot after the first year. But then I decided I didn't want to pay the monthly electricity bills for the Polaris. And since the Polaris hadn't even been delivered, I didn't see the point in waiting. (masterful rationalizing, right?!)

Have you heard how I justify big ticket items? I take the cost, determine about how many years then months I will use the item, then figure the monthly cost. It makes almost anything seem reasonable!!!!!!

Try begging!
Suz.

You should treat yourself, Suz. I surely didn't mean you shouldn't.

I just got a healthy dose of reality today that life is way to short. You need to enjoy it and do whatever you can to make the time on this planet count.

As for the justification...believe me. I have tried all kinds of things. If she doesn't want it...we don't get it. Keep in mind, this is the same woman who spent less than $10k on a car and made it last over 10 years and 395k miles. A brush and me will last at least another 30 years....lol

That being said, I am waiting for the perfect time to approach this subject and am not too big to resort to begging. ;)

You should treat yourself, Suz. I surely didn't mean you shouldn't.

I just got a healthy dose of reality today that life is way to short. You need to enjoy it and do whatever you can to make the time on this planet count.

As for the justification...believe me. I have tried all kinds of things. If she doesn't want it...we don't get it. Keep in mind, this is the same woman who spent less than $10k on a car and made it last over 10 years and 395k miles. A brush and me will last at least another 30 years....lol

That being said, I am waiting for the perfect time to approach this subject and am not too big to resort to begging. ;)

Oh, I didn't feel like you meant anything at all about me treating myself.

Like you said about reality and life being short, I've had to learn late in life and the hard way. I hope you're young enough that this lesson is learned earlier by you than I did. I would do so many things differently. I'm not saying I regret my life or am disappointed in it - just that I've certainly learned some lessons.

Your wife sounds a lot like me, although my 10 year-old car cost more than 10k. And the good thing about people like her and me..... you know she's not going to trade YOU in before your time for the latest model!!! Lot's of security with frugal women!!! Lol!!!!

Take care,
Suz.

Girlfriend...let's not get ahead of ourselves now.... She really is the best though. :) and yes...she will use my brushing capabilities until I can no longer get in the pool. She may buy me a new brush though. Hahahha

My husband was FURIOUS when I first talked about buying a robot. He grumbled for a month. He grumbled all the way to the store and back. Five minutes after that little thing was in the water he was in LOVE. Scrubby (our robot) is now the best idea he ever had!

My husband was FURIOUS when I first talked about buying a robot. He grumbled for a month. He grumbled all the way to the store and back. Five minutes after that little thing was in the water he was in LOVE. Scrubby (our robot) is now the best idea he ever had!

LMAO!!! I love it!!! You've got a flare for stories - I see it all vividly!! And the best punch line ever!!!
Thanks,
Suz.

Side note! Thank you for posting about the syringe - I followed the link and ordered one today! At first I wasn't going to - then I remembered how cold it is getting water out of the pool in the middle of winter . . . SOLD!

Thanks again for posting it!

Side note! Thank you for posting about the syringe - I followed the link and ordered one today! At first I wasn't going to - then I remembered how cold it is getting water out of the pool in the middle of winter . . . SOLD!

Thanks again for posting it!

I'm glad! I still think it's terrific. I hold the tube over the fill bottle and get exactly the amount of water I need. With the other hand, I hold the syringe upside down on the counter and push down. That way I can do the syringe thing one-handed.
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am assuming, since your pool is finished - it is OK to post this pic.

I was in Magnolia today, my boss lives there. I have driven by 100 times and never noticed the sign - but I did today! It was pouring rain - but I managed to snap a shot for you!
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Like you said about reality and life being short, I've had to learn late in life and the hard way. I hope you're young enough that this lesson is learned earlier by you than I did. I would do so many things differently. I'm not saying I regret my life or am disappointed in it - just that I've certainly learned some lessons.
Suz.

hear, hear!! When we debated a sunshelf, my husband pointed out that I'll have to live with my decision for the rest of my life - !! LOL, he says we're never moving, and we're only in early fifties...

Wendy!! That's soooo thoughtful of you! Do you know, in the 5 months since I signed with them, I never once drove up to the office?!! Doesn't it fit Kelly's personality, and I mean that in a good way?

I never thought of it, but I definitely needed that picture included in my build thread.

I love Kelly to pieces. And I would definitely recommend him.

Thank you so much!
Suz.

Believe it or not - I only talked to Kelly on the phone and on a website (you know which one :) I did meet with Jan and LOVED her. I didn't get a good look because of the weather today - but I was SO tempted to just stop in and say - hi there, I am friends with Suz and wanted to say hi :) Kinda feel like I know them now!

I just have to post this......

I broke open my fortune cookie left over from Wednesday night's take home dinner.

Here's what my fortune read:

"Perhaps you've been focusing too much on spending."

I kid you NOT! I cracked up!!! The 'Universe' is there and watching us. It's almost a little creepy.

Ok, ok, I get it. The spending will cease - starting tomorrow!
Suz. :slidehalo:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.