Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

Thanks for checkin' in, Ernie. No,,, not much going on. The electricians came late yesterday and finished from last week. We're having soooo much rain that the poor subcontractors seem to be working in 1-2 hour windows of sunshine. We're to have some sun today until mid afternoon, and then the rain is back. (well, so say the weather forecasters) My raised plank walkway out the backdoor is under water again. I think we need to raise it again - or keep a boat handy out the backdoor. LOL!! The rain isn't in my way since I still have about 2 weeks until the tile comes in. I do feel for everyone who are eager to keep their pool build going. Take care. Suz.

Thanks for checkin' in, Ernie. No,,, not much going on. The electricians came late yesterday and finished from last week. We're having soooo much rain that the poor subcontractors seem to be working in 1-2 hour windows of sunshine. We're to have some sun today until mid afternoon, and then the rain is back. (well, so say the weather forecasters) My raised plank walkway out the backdoor is under water again. I think we need to raise it again - or keep a boat handy out the backdoor. LOL!! The rain isn't in my way since I still have about 2 weeks until the tile comes in. I do feel for everyone who are eager to keep their pool build going. Take care. Suz.

This rain is so bad!!!! I am probably 10-15 miles from you as the crow flies and yesterday the crews were out here it was lightening and thundering and they were working and acting like it was fine out. They kept going - just putting everything under tarps until it started pouring. Then they called it a day. They are here again - and the skies are starting to get dark again. We got 8" last week and this week is looking just as bad. Everything is under water. My phone beeps constantly telling me there are flash flood warnings and such. So many houses are flooding here in Montgomery County we are making the news. So sad. Last time we had this much rain was probably TS Alison in 01 or back in 1994 - we had major flooding. I am sick of it. I have rubber boots by each door and you can't even walk in the yard - you just sink. Sure hope it eases up around here soon or we will be loading the ark 2 by 2.

Wendy, call me when you start loading the ark! I don't like to complain about the rain and jinx us into another drought, but honestly..... You guys NE of us have really been getting nailed with rain and storms all week long. I know here in this part of Cypress (249 and Louetta), we haven't been getting nearly as much. Even at that, our gunite shell has water beginning to go up the steps. So if the deep end is 7 feet, and the shallow is 4', doesn't that mean we've got 3 feet in the deep end??? That's get-the-floats-out depth! I really may have to start testing the water chemistry. And you're right about sinking in the mud. When outside, I use 2 canes, kinda like ski poles. I won't even venture out now.

But seriously, I am sorry so many people are flooding up there. Is your house/property ok? I think you got your gunite in just at the right time! Keep the raft and paddle close by. Suz.

OH MY GOSH! Those are gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!

I'm so excited for you! Each piece is exquisite, right?! I think I could wear those glass pieces as jewelry.

Did the Steel Blue arrive also?

Who is Kelly's tile guy? Do you know when he will begin?

How can you stand to wait now?

I want the shell beach trim so badly. I wish I had ordered it.

Thanks for the picture and letting me know it's in. Keep me updated! Have fun, Paris!

Aren't they fabulous!! Paris is trimming her sun shelf, steps, benches, etc with the multi-colored Shell Beach trim. Then she's using their Steel Blue glass tile for her waterline tile, spa spillway, and some other places.

If you aren't familiar with this particular glass, you can see it at Lightstreams Glass Tile . com. I can't get it to type correctly on my cell, but you'll find it.

I'm in love with their glass tile. I've ordered their Peacock glass tile for our spa waterline and to trim a few other places. I can't afford to do the pool waterline tile, so it will be a neutral beige to go with our coping. My glass tile won't be in for about 2 weeks.

BTW, I'm answering for Paris, because she doesn't always check in over here. She and I met on another forum.

Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LOL! I know how you feel, and so does Paris! We sort of encouraged each other to get more. It's funny, I think we each found the tile independently.

You can look back in this thread and see the turtle mosaics made with the Lightstreams glass. I tried to order two turtles, but the mosaic artist never got back to me. Now it's too late. Her website is somewhere near the turtle pictures.

Be careful.... This stuff becomes addictive! Suz.

LOL! I know how you feel, and so does Paris! We sort of encouraged each other to get more. It's funny, I think we each found the tile independently.

You can look back in this thread and see the turtle mosaics made with the Lightstreams glass. I tried to order two turtles, but the mosaic artist never got back to me. Now it's too late. Her website is somewhere near the turtle pictures.

Be careful.... This stuff becomes addictive! Suz.

Check your pm

Suzy, everything came in and they overnighted the shells which did not need to be here at the same time as the steel blue.
Anyhow, each shell piece is unique and Alex will start on it tomorrow or Monday. Of course the rain does not help things but we are hoping for good weather for next week as it slows us all down when projects like this are going on. I just love this glass and I actually found it last year online and told myself that if I were ever to build a pool, I would use this product as much as I could afford. I will let you know how it goes once he starts to lay it. :) have fun....

Thank you, Paris! This is so exciting! So, Alex is the Man! Have you given him the install instructions? Then 3 weeks cure time - agony!

I've forgotten... Are you going with Prism Blue or Blue Granite?

Please pass along any tips and anything I need to do ahead of time. You'll be the one having fun as soon as they begin! Take care. Suzy.

Oh- we are doing the blue granite as I seen several pools and the granite is the color for us. It's a medium not to light but darker in the shade so Kelly said we would love it. Especially with our stone/glass choices. We are very excited about the pool thing so will see how it all comes together. Still have a lot to work on. Have fun and I will keep you updated.

Now it's time to plan for some accent lighting effects.

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/LZDC-300-SS-p/lzdc-300-ss.htm

Wendy, call me when you start loading the ark! I don't like to complain about the rain and jinx us into another drought, but honestly..... You guys NE of us have really been getting nailed with rain and storms all week long. I know here in this part of Cypress (249 and Louetta), we haven't been getting nearly as much. Even at that, our gunite shell has water beginning to go up the steps. So if the deep end is 7 feet, and the shallow is 4', doesn't that mean we've got 3 feet in the deep end??? That's get-the-floats-out depth! I really may have to start testing the water chemistry. And you're right about sinking in the mud. When outside, I use 2 canes, kinda like ski poles. I won't even venture out now.

But seriously, I am sorry so many people are flooding up there. Is your house/property ok? I think you got your gunite in just at the right time! Keep the raft and paddle close by. Suz.

Luckily my home has been fine, water wise. We moved in almost 3 yrs ago & I was worried about flooding & drainage, but it seems to be fine. Other than the piles of mud in my backyard. It is absolutely causing drainage issues. But it's just making it hold water in the back, no danger to our home. Thanks for asking though!

Next time you head North, we can meet in The Woodlands lor lunch :)

I've been very lucky on the pool building timing. The crews yesterday and today would work a couple hours, when the rain gets bad, they cover everything in tarps & take a break in my garage :). They have installed all the plumbing, equipment, waterline tile, finished cutting the flagstone & laying it out (fascinating to watch) & even started stacking my moss rock for the weeping wall! I've been so preoccupied with a sick dog that I haven't even been able to get pictures!

You guys are cracking me up in this thread. I haven't been very vocal but I am still lurking :)

I can't wait till everyone is done. Just a warning though; if you all are like me you will become obsessive with your testing. It's addicting and fun (I know it's weird lol)

You guys are cracking me up in this thread. I haven't been very vocal but I am still lurking :)

I can't wait till everyone is done. Just a warning though; if you all are like me you will become obsessive with your testing. It's addicting and fun (I know it's weird lol)

Hey Ricky! :wave: So good to hear from you.

Girls and their shopping - gotta love us! We are having fun, though, it's expensive....

So, you're keeping that gorgeous pool gorgeous with all your testing, huh?!!! Ok, shhhhhh.... don't let the experts know I'm asking, but is all that water testing working? I mean, is it as easy as they're trying to lead me to believe??? Is it really a cult - have you just been brain washed? I'm a little concerned about your "new" addiction. (ok, just being silly here, like, do you STILL ......) Now to be serious, it sounds like you're enjoying taking care of your pool. I got my test kit a week or so ago, opened it, screamed in horror, and slammed it shut. It's a little intimidating. So I've been going to Pool School and finding charts (I'm a chart person, love 'em) to record the numbers, and tomorrow, I'm going to take a deep breath and actually test some water. :testkit:

I know you and your family are loving your pool - at least in between the rains and storms! Any new landscaping photos? Keep in touch! Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.