Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

Early morning photos..... I did try to have a little fun with the spa pictures.

Changed my mind. Let's wait on pool pictures and just do more landscaping photos for now.... I wanted ya'll to see how neat the landscape crew left our driveway. I asked them to leave the better bricks and stone I had. I can always find uses for those. And, I have a neighbor who wants quite a bit of them. Then we'll have to store the rest on the back side of the garage..... I hate to start doing that - I don't want it to get all messy again, but on the other hand, I can't bear to have them all trashed in a dump somewhere. They're perfectly good bricks and stones.

Ok, I was kidding about the landscape pictures (some of you already scrolled down) Here are some of the pool during the fill and then after.

Filling up - such a lovely shade of green - not!

Yummmmm, an even lovelier shade of green.

Again....

Nick couldn't wait to put this little guy in the water. He really is cute. He swims all over the place. Nick gets to buy his batteries!

Closer to being filled.

Now begins photos taken this morning. Day 3 of the pool completely filled. Wow! The water really is looking better. I hadn't realized it had changed so much. That's awesome!
This is of still waters.

The quiet spa...

This morning after the pool had a night to rest, I can see the deep end drains. But probably after brushing, the water will be murky again.

The bump-out bench.

Now a little water action. The water features are ON!

Another shot, because she's so pretty!

It's hard for me to get a good shot of this. Look closely and you'll see a little apron or skirt of water falling from the spillway into the pool. Originally, we were going to have a stacked stone spillway, but my son wanted the glass tile on it. So when the PB was giving instructions to the tile guy, the PB told the guy no stone only tile. I told him I wanted some kind of splash into the pool. He said I couldn't have that, because I changed my mind to glass tile which makes the water hug the spillway and the spa wall down into the pool. Soooooo.... I said that if the gunite was formed to have stacked stone, and in a stacked stone spillway, there is a bottom ledge of stone, why can't I have both - tile with the bottom stone ledge to give a little splash. He stared at me a minute and said, "Well, I guess you can." And I wanted to say, "Now, what was so hard about that?" But I didn't. I'm really happy with our little splash of water, and it sounds absolutely lovely - like a soft rain.

Now for some fun! (yes, I'm a nerd - :geek: ) This is the spa with the back jets going.

And now with the front jets added! Her starship engines are really rumbling!!!!

In this shot, the spa is working the way kids enjoy it but aren't supposed to do.... Which translates to: Suz is gonna be doin' it!!! I don't think it hurts anything, but Pool Guy said not to do it, because it sloshes out too much water. Still kinda fun.....

And final picture - sloshy spa spillway! So much fun!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Paris! Your palm trees are amazing!!! Oh my, oh my, but they are magnificent! Can you believe how gorgeous they are?! You truly have a stunning pool and pool area - the palms accent everything perfectly! I can't imagine how beautiful everything will be when you get the grass and other plants and flowers in!!

In a way it's good you're getting everything in stages. I'm certainly glad mine is done, but I'm having to juggle the pool water start-up with getting enough water to the new plantings. It's a lot of work for me all at once, but it's heaven not having workers around!!! Life seems so much quieter.....

It looks like our water is pretty close in color and stage, since we are so close in our plaster and fill dates. It's really awesome having someone with the same builder and almost exact same time-frame of build.

Congratulations on your fabulous trees!!!
Suz.

Awwwwwwwwwwww You did it! You took THE pics I wanted to see! The one of the spillover is the best! No wait it is the spa going all out! No wait is the ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!

Have you been in the spa yet? Does it feel good on your back and legs? The choices!

THANKS for sharing these pics!

Kim

Suz...That looks INCREDIBLE!!! Word of warning, though. Using all those water features are lovely...but be careful for first year. You will be fighting pH rise for the first six months or so due to the interior plaster curing. Water effects (including the spillway) cause aeration which naturally raises pH. (remember this for the future if you ever need to raise pH...much better way than adding chemicals). I have had to limit mine on only an hour a day to control the pH rise. Buy plenty of HCL (also referred to as Muriatic Acid)....you will be using GALLONS AND GALLONS of it in the near future.

Again...congrats....Oh, and you seem to have a duck problem. ;)

Suz...That looks INCREDIBLE!!! Word of warning, though. Using all those water features are lovely...but be careful for first year. You will be fighting pH rise for the first six months or so due to the interior plaster curing. Water effects (including the spillway) cause aeration which naturally raises pH. (remember this for the future if you ever need to raise pH...much better way than adding chemicals). I have had to limit mine on only an hour a day to control the pH rise. Buy plenty of HCL (also referred to as Muriatic Acid)....you will be using GALLONS AND GALLONS of it in the near future.

Again...congrats....Oh, and you seem to have a duck problem. ;)

So funny - quack, quack!!

You know, water features and rise in pH is one thing that has stuck in my head since reading this forum. So we have been limiting the water features. So far I've turned them on for our first hour swim in the pool, the neighbors last night (about 30 minutes) and the pictures this morning. I like your one hour a day rule of thumb. That gives me a better guide.

I'm working on getting up to speed on the chemicals. I want to go buy the chlorine Appelbe posted about and order the containers from Amazon. And I will buy the HCL. Goodness sakes, it's like having a new born!!! So much to do, and so much of it needing to be done all at once! It's revitalizing me, I think, for now anyway!

See you under Water Testing!
Suz. (I'm out to do the morning test and posting those numbers to get my latest set of instructions!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What a fantastic pool! I gasped when I saw your gorgeous spa tile under water! It's to die for. I love all the details you guys put into your pool and I wish I had seen this before we started our build. It's really spectacular. Are those the rain spillway devices instead of sheer descents on the waterfall wall (not the spa)? We are getting the rain descents and I was concerned about how much louder they are than the sheer descents. Any thoughts?

Thanks Suzy, your pool is also amazing and I feel we both did great picking Kelly. He was over here yesterday moving dirt all day long to bring in the grass. He is such a great man. To answer the question on maintaining the palms, once they are planted, the root ball is very coarse and at first takes a lot of water to establish root growth. A bit of palm food spikes at 12, 3 and 6 o'clock and your good to go for 3 months. They grow 1-2 feet a yr with proper feelings and water.

Love the pics Suzy keep them coming girl!!!

Paris

What a fantastic pool! I gasped when I saw your gorgeous spa tile under water! It's to die for. I love all the details you guys put into your pool and I wish I had seen this before we started our build. It's really spectacular. Are those the rain spillway devices instead of sheer descents on the waterfall wall (not the spa)? We are getting the rain descents and I was concerned about how much louder they are than the sheer descents. Any thoughts?

I have to chuckle, because I started to make a note about that raised wall water feature. No....... it is a sheer descent! But it almost looks like the rain device which I originally wanted. But the PB told me we couldn't get it on a curved wall. So it is a sheer descent. The problem is that there is still a lot of sand and tiny pebbles in the pipes, so they get hung up at the opening of the thing making the splits in the sheer descent. It's easy to fix, just run something flat like a table knife along the opening to pop out whatever is in the way. And then 10 minutes later, something else flows up and splits it again. The pool guy said it may take a month to get most of the debris cleared out. So, in a way, I got my rain feature!!! I can't say about the noise difference between the rain and sheer descents. My pebble-made rain feature is as loud as the sheer descent.

I think the rain features are beautiful - they were my first choice!
Thanks,
Suz.

OH and Suz you do NEED to run the different things like the bubblers and overfill each day to make sure there is water/bleach getting in/through every pipe.

I forgot to open my main drain valve one time after vacuuming one time and tested an increase in CC. What?????? I went back to basics to make sure everything was like it should be (this is where having pics of everything labeled pays off). I saw that the main drain valve was closed. Ahhhhhhhh no water moving through that pipe getting yucky! I opened it and shot chlorine down the main drain with a turkey baster. I raised my FC to SLAM for the day all was good by the next day!

Kim (my pool is the only thing I have ever used my turkey baster on LOL)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.