Another one in Las Vegas-Finaled, but not finished

Re: Another underway in Las Vegas-Fill 'er up!

Beach, I am so happy for you that your marker tiles came out so nice with the grey grout and pebble sheen finish. It looks great already!

Thank you...Yes, that was one of our worries, but as we see it, we can live with it. Also, we know the blue will fade over time, so we may "luck out" and actually end up with them matching. (could we be so lucky?)

Thank you for posting, it reminds me I need to go read your thread to see if you've fixed your plaster issue yet..;)

- - - Updated - - -

If you have a ways to go and it's getting late, you can always pull one of the hoses and turn the remaing one down. Get some sleep. :)

Wow...what a great idea! I should have thought about that, but I guess I've just been focused on getting it filled as fast as I can...LOL!

Your pool is amazing and WAY bigger in person, you can fit fat Albert and crew in that HUGE spa :party: also your pool is the first time I have seen that beautiful bling glass tile up close and it is stunning ( definitely going to incorporate that into my pool even if it's just step markers) the way it changes colors in the sun is pretty neat.
so nice to see things in person and get great feedback, I look forward to when it's full and the chemicals are all balanced and we can see that pretty smurf water.

another nice thing is since we both have sand toys we will have to get together and go ride and have some fun and afterwards we can cool off and take a dip in our nice refreshing pools ��

Congrats again on on the pool and if mine comes out even as half as nice as yours I will be one happy camper

BEACH! It is unreal! You got the deluxe acid job! The care they used and time they took is great!

I can see the BLING even in the pictures! Great shots to make those show up!

So neat you got to meet Will. One day I want to win the lottery and pool hop to all of the pools I drooled over at the computer and to also meet the people they belong to!

So long as the water is being added you can take one hose out but I would be like you and want it filled as fast as possible and would worry about it overfilling as well.

When will they be out to start up equipment? I REALLY wonder what their pool school will be like since they really seem to know what they are doing on the build side.

Have I shared this link: Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Make sure to run it by your PB as he holds the warranty card.

:hug: you did it and it looks awesome!

Kim:kim:

We will have to hook up and ride behind my house. I have quads and look for every excuse to go ride.... I just coughed.... well it looks like it's time to ride [emoji41][emoji12]
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IT'S HAPPENING! Yay!!!!

The colors work together so well, and that glass tile - SWOON! Your pool will be pinned to everyone's Pinterest inspiration board in no time.

Also, a quick THANK YOU for the two-tone spray deck idea. I incorporated your idea into my own build and it helped me feel a lot better about the design as a whole. I hope mine looks half as nice as yours!

Whew...what a day!! I'm sorry though, I will post pictures tomorrow morning, as my head is "swimming"...LOL! The pool finally finished filling about 3:30. Yay! And about 3:31, PB shows up (I don't remember him installing any video cameras, but the timing was perfect!), and asked if I'd like to help with the start up. I said "heck yeah", and I guess I got the first part of "pool school, advanced". So, we got the pumps running, got the water features running, got the lights to work, finished installing the auto filler, did the initial programming of the automation, and started adjusting the valves. Like anything else, when you are teaching someone, it takes 3 times longer than if you'd do it yourself. So, we just finished a little while ago, and then I had to show Mrs. Beach the awesome light show. And that included a frosty adult beverage, so I'm done for the night..LOL. And during all of this, I didn't have time to take any pictures, so I'll do that in the morning.

TwinMama...I wish I could say the two toned deck was my idea, but I stole it from the PB's house. I like it because it ties into the cap on the wall, plus, it provides a visual reference when walking that you're close to falling in the water. I had visions of a big dummy (namely me) falling in the pool, as it's only 5' from the house. I'm sure your pool will also be beautiful. And you're welcome to see mine in person if you'd like. The pictures really do not do the colors justice.

Imaz and Will....just say the word!

Kim...I think the PB is mostly doing what TFP would call a traditional start up. I'm following his directions to the letter, and will do my best to keep to TFP levels of awesome water quality when it becomes "mine"...:) Pool school has been very thorough so far, with several more classes scheduled. I like to know the "why" behind things and luckily my PB is more than happy to take the time to share them with me. I consider myself very lucky, and I feel like I've found a friend as well as an awesome pool builder.

Congrats on the finished pool fill! I agree with twin your two tone deck and the caps are favorite of mine. If I don't happen to do travertine our decking will be twins :)
Oh and ....... WORD
LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Wow...what a day! Had to run some errands in the morning, and finally got home to play with the new toy! So, let's start from yesterday. The first couple shots are from about 3:30 when it was just finishing filling:

The acid wash got most of that plaster dust..it's very clear as you can see with the picture of the deep end. Just a bit of the "green" color that we don't want. PB agrees we need to get some filter time, and get the water balanced to get rid of it, and get the "blue" color we are expecting.

So, here we are late this morning/early afternoon, and I was able to get the water features going (it pays to pay attention in 'school' kids..LOL). This is "normal mode":

48" sheer descent:

Spa:

Spa in spillover mode:

And, bubblers in "kids mode"! Those are shooting nearly 5' high:

The color is getting better. We're pretty excited, too bad the water temp is about 54..:(

OK, so, this actually was fun, but it wasn't the really "big" news for us that made today so special. For those who've managed to follow along through the whole thread, we're now officially great grandparents! Our first grand baby had her first baby, Parker (6lbs, 8 oz) today about 1:30 pm. Both are doing fine. Great Grandma just finished her last quilted baby blanket yesterday, so we knew it was going to happen soon..;) We'll be on our way to hold the little guy in just a few days, so for now, we've just got a few pictures. Here he is, meeting the scale for the first time, and like most of us, not happy about it:

Yep...it's been a heck of a good day!!

- - - Updated - - -

Beach that is AWESOME! You did pick a good, no great, PB! What test kit did he give you? We had one give a sample bottle of guess strips :shock:

You'll get a great laugh out of this...it's the standard, two test "micro" kit that it seems like all builders give you...When he goes to teach me how to test the water, I'll give him his kit, and then I'll grab mine, and see if he wants a lesson himself...;) We'll have a good laugh at that.

What a wonderful and blessed weekend for you beach , I'm so happy for you guys!
Healthy baby and beautiful pool. Love the bubblers, I didn't do any but I been really thinking about it but the wife doesn't want a sun shelf so not sure if I could incorporate them into my pool
Congrats again on the new great grand baby

A BABY! A Great Grand baby!!! Oh what a wonderful day! How blessed is your family!

The pool looks AWESOME! LOVE all of it! The colors are purrfect! Those bubblers!!! MAN those are big! What fun they will be for everyone!

LOL on the test kit :roll: wait until he sees yours!

Today was another milestone day...apparently the government is happy, as we passed our official "final" inspection without issue. While we have a bit of a punch list, and kitchen build, landscaping, and of course, the all important water balancing to call it "finished", We went from dig to final in just 66 long, long days..;)

We're letting some of the dust settle up north, and trying to wrap up some little things before we head north, and then in about two weeks, we'll be able to start with the landscaping. PB is taking care of water until the salt goes in, but I'll be doing some testing and getting coach Kim's (and anyone else's thoughts) on where I'm at too..:)

It's never ending!

You PASSED!!!! SWEET! That has to be a good feeling! How long will it take them to finish the punch list?

I will be here waiting to guide you along as you balance your water!

Hopefully by the end of the week, but the head color picker still needs to decide on the color glass for the fire feature. The PB and I did some of the smaller stuff this morning.

Also got to play with the chemicals with him, as I'd tested the water about sunrise, so I knew when he wanted to see the test kit that I was going to have fun...;) First I told him what the chlorine and PH levels were before he tested. Then I told him the CYA was right at 40, and he got a little question mark in his eyes, but then I was asking about how he handles the calcium levels, and he said, you didn't get that from this test kit did you? I laughed and said, no, I've got a real test kit..;) It's very hard to be ahead of him, as he is good at what he does..;)

OK, today's the 1 week-a-versary of our water fill. PB's been taking care of the water, with me looking over his shoulder. Here is today's results:

From little test kit:
CL 1.5 ppm
PH 7.5

From TF100
FC .5 ppm
CC .5 ppm
TC 1.0 ppm
CH 550
TA 120
CYA 40

Our water temp is about 60-62. The PB says he likes to keep the CL level lower during cool temps and cure, which is what he's doing. He's also hitting the acid a little hard, adding a little about every three days to bring the number lower than "normal". Obviously no salt yet, so looking at the guidelines for a CL only pool, seems like we are zeroing in pretty well.

Except for the CH, which is our local water. PB says it's critical to keep PH in balance to keep from forming scale, which also seems to be the TFP recommendation as well. His 3 year old pool doesn't have a spot of scale on it, so he's experienced with it.

Water clarity is awesome, and the surface has that slick, silky, reflective look that you get when things are "right". The aqua-green color is mostly gone, and there is no dust puffs when I brush, so that's going well, I think.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.