Burke_B

Apr 20, 2022
San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am storing my muriatic acid outside in a locked storage tote. The tote is large enough to hold more than just the MA and I thought I might be okay to store my manual vacuum hose and vacuum head in there with the MA since they are mostly rubber (or something similar). I have never used the vacuum as I am a new pool owner and, with the cleaner running occasionally, I haven't felt the need to. Plus, the previous homeowners didn't have or didn't leave the skimmer plate that I actually need to make the vacuum functional. After some thought about the corrosive nature of MA, I am wondering if I should find another place to store the vacuum hose since I assume it likely has some coiled metal wire of some sort in the hose encased in the rubber.

Is my vacuum hose and head safe in the tote with the MA or should I find another home for them?

Thanks!

MA fumes should not get to wire encased in the rubber. I think storing the hose with the MA jugs is fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.