Bronze Supporter
Jun 11, 2023
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, for those of you using the Apera PH60 pH tester, how do you store the pen and all the associated solutions once you've opened them all and are storing the pen with the KCL storage solution in the cap?

The supplied case (photo) is fine for shipping, but pretty much useless once you open all the containers and fill the pen's cap with storage solution since no matter how you orient the case something will be on its side and prone to leaking out. So for now the pen is precariously standing on its cap and I've got multiple containers (storage solution, buffer solutions, etc), all just sitting on a shelf. I've ordered the Apera CalPod which will help some with the buffers, but there are still lots of separate containers that need storing right-side up, as well as the pen itself.

I use Tanos Systainers for my other hobby storage needs, but curious if anyone has already found a good way to do this for the PH60 + accessories.
Thanks!
61cYps0WqCL._SL1500_.jpg

I use the case. None of my containers leak at all. There’s a little bit of crystallization of the KCl solution around the edge of the probe storage cap but it’s minimal and it’s supposed to be that way.

Are you sure your containers are sealing properly?

Reactions: ramblinwreck001
I use the case - none of the containers leak and i store the case such that the pen is upright. 🤷‍♂️

The containers do take a bit of force to snap closed though

Reactions: ramblinwreck001
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.