Another Green Pool Opening

Not saying mine is 'right' but I run mine from 9am-1pm, and then 5pm-9pm. Also have a SWG, so that's a factor I suppose. 8 hours seems like plenty to turn the water over, and didn't have any trouble last year with the water or maintaining 5 FC.

My thought process is that I'm loading the FC up a bit in the morning for it to be strong through the morning/noon sun, and probably also peak usage. I'm then letting it sit a bit, and it runs late afternoon into the evening so that it replenishes after the usage is done for the day, and by running until 9pm, it *should* be back at the high end of the FC goal by evening so it can sit throughout the night at that target FC.

Maybe I could reduce the pump time, or adjust the numbers, but that was what I use, and it worked last year. First year with the pool, so one in a row, take that for what it's worth... :)

Thanks for your input. I'm so so SO glad I went the route of doing the acid treatment, it WORKED. The pool has never been this blue; years and years of staining/brownish debris is gone. I honestly can't believe it. It's a little cloudy still, as expected, but it has never looked better color wise. Tomorrow will start re-balancing 20170602_121341.jpgeverything.

I want to check in on something. What do you mean by re-balancing? Your water is not clear yet.

Just for a definition, clear means when the water is still, you see the surface so well it looks like there is no water in the pool. You can call heads or tails on a dime in the deep end. You can make out the Philips screw head on the main drain cover, etc.

Just want to make sure you aren't moving too quickly. Given that your bigger issue has been for an aglae re-occurrence, which could be because clear wasn't clear.

I want to check in on something. What do you mean by re-balancing? Your water is not clear yet.

Just for a definition, clear means when the water is still, you see the surface so well it looks like there is no water in the pool. You can call heads or tails on a dime in the deep end. You can make out the Philips screw head on the main drain cover, etc.

Just want to make sure you aren't moving too quickly. Given that your bigger issue has been for an aglae re-occurrence, which could be because clear wasn't clear.

Hi, actually, our most recent issue from a couple days ago ended up not being an algae re-occurrence, but an iron/metals build-up, which is why I started the ascorbic treatment rather than slamming (which was making the pool worse). Re-balancing is referring to TA, pH, and then chlorine after the AA treatment as per http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/2129-Ascorbic-Treatment-to-rid-Pool-of-metal-stains

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.