Another Baquacil to Salt Conversion with several questions.

Add liquid chlorine. Get to target range for your 70 ppm CYA - FC/CYA Levels

Set up your SWCG to generate 4 ppm FC per day. Test FC each day (preferably right before the SWCG starts each day) and adjust the SWCG to keep the FC in the target range.

Cya dropped to 50 today. I assume it’s normal for it to fluctuate a little this early in ...

What was CYA before? I don’t see tests logged in PM. Just chlorine additions.

CYA testing has a lot of subjective variability.

It was 65, you said it was 70?

We round CYA test up. If the dot disappears between 70 and 60 we call it 70. You can't judge what 65 is. The scale is logarithmic, not linear. Halfway between the lines is not 5.

Reactions: RidingMann
You are creating 4.7 ppm FC per day for your pool volume.

That is on the high side.

Raise your FC with liquid chlorine to the upper target range for your CYA.

See if the FC stablilizes. Otherwise, something is in the pool water that is consuming more FC than just the sun.

Answers in bold.

For now, we're going to turn the SWG back off, continue to test and treat hourly, and hope we get less FC loss tonight.

We just got back from WalMart buying an additional 21 jugs of bleach.
If there is a Home Depot near you, they have LC at 10% (3 gallons in a box) for approx $10. If you buy 4 boxes the $ goes down a smidge. My SLAM went on for a month but my pool was a total disaster due to CYA (it was at 190).

Y'all are doing great. Keep up the work as best you can and it'll get there!

We finally got around to testing the salt today with the K-1766, it was 2400. We added 200lbs of salt.
My question is, will a low salt count contribute to a low FC reading? We passed the overnight FC test with only a .5 loss when we switched the SWG on.
CYA is still maintaining at 70.

As long as the salt content is high enough to satisfy the SWCG, it will generate approximately the same amount of chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.