And we are off...

Did they set a vacuum on both sides of the pool? It does look a little loose. Send your builder a photo and ask. If it turns out the wrinkles don't go away you have documentation that they were made aware of the problem before the pool was completely filled.

They did have them on both sides.

I also just noticed wetness behind the light niche. I have a hole dug to it for the inspector to see the bonding lug and when I just took a look the dirt is wet. I shined a flashlight and I can see it’s wet.

so this is the backside of the light niche - i noticed the dirt was darker so i dug down and found wetness - pool builder was asking me a million questions like i caused this because he knows that i attached the bonding jumper. I am like all i did was tighten the bonding lug. What is the most likely culprit, the conduit, the niche housing, or the seal?

7BECA0D0-8011-4595-B901-B5B310E18E3F.jpeg

Had to move my panel - electrician giving me a quote to wire the deck box for the light gave me the heads up that I would fail on access space to the panel. He told me everything else looked great, though.
PB is coming this weekend to fire everything up.
96040297-BC7E-46DA-9AB1-9B02880C39ED.jpeg

What happened with the light issue?
It was leaking from the conduit connection to the niche. I still think there is a pinhole leak. I’m not sure if they used a threaded coupling or just threw a ton of glue on 1” pvc into the niche. I’ll have the PB take a look when he is here on Saturday

0302823A-F3EC-447F-B92F-ED704B5FFB89.jpeg

Late to this neat build! LOVE it all! Well except the leak :roll:

Do you have a test kit yet? If not look down at my siggy for the link to the one that is the best bang for the buck. You will also want the salt test as well.

What will you be putting around the pool for decking?

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How much condensate does the heat pump produce? It has been running an hour and there is quite a bit of runoff coming from the pan.

So - the reaming issue i have is the subs didn't back fill the pool all the way - there is about 8 to 12 inches of exposed steel around the pool and plenty of excavated sand left- Pool builder said he will hire someone to take care of it - instead I am thinking of renting a mini excavator for the day and asking him to credit me back the cost. I still owe him $17k.

instead I am thinking of renting a mini excavator for the day and asking him to credit me back the cost
Do you know how to run one? If you have some skills then I say go for it AFTER you talk to him about. You know he is going to hire the cheapest he can find so........your skills might be better.

I’m pleased with the job they did on the bottom. Pretty smooth.
That IS one of the best looking ones I have seen! Maybe see if you can find then to do the dirt work?

Kim:kim:

I’ve got 30 years of video game skills under my belt. Ha. He had a grunt come to finish back filling by hand. We didn’t set expectations at the start as to how finished he would grade the surrounding yard so I went ahead and booked a mini excavator for $590 this Saturday for 24 hours. I’m gonna grade but also use it to dig the trench to get power to the light deck box (I ran an extension cord to test the light above) as well as I’m gonna lay irrigation pipe for two zones of sprinklers and I think I’m gonna put a French drain to the dry well from the down spout On my house closest to the pool.

so the rental is pretty much paying for itself.

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.