And the results are... I need help! Test Results

newjudi

Bronze Supporter
Jul 21, 2017
Englewood Florida
First thanks to all of you who recommended I purchase the test kit. I can see the value in both the time and expense.
So here are my numbers, Could you please help me determine what needs to be done and in what order to add the chemicals.
By the way I just changed my cell to a t-15 ( currently have lowered the output dial to 20 (based on how high the FC read)
FC 14
CC 0
TA 150
CH 225
CYA 20
Salt 3400
PH
I can't get the yellow meter to calibrate but the drop test indicates the PH is so high it is almost Purple instead of pink.

Thanks,
Judi

Great job in taking control of your pool water chemistry and getting a test kit.

Your pH test is invalid with a FC above 10 ppm. So wait for that to drop to test it again.

You should add CYA. It will let you run your SWCG much less and make it last longer.

Add 30 ppm worth of CYA via the sock method. Wait a week and test again. Then add more based on that test until you get to 70 ppm CYA. Maintain your FC based on the target CYA using the FC/CYA Levels

Judi,

I suggest that you shut off the cell or adjust to zero output for a couple of days and allow the FC to come down.. I agree with Marty that you need to add CYA to get up to 50 or 60, but I would wait until the FC drops first.. The less CYA the faster the FC will come down..

With a 7K pool and a T-15 cell, even running at 20% will add more FC than you need right now.

How long do you normally run your pump each day??

Good job on getting your own test kit and taking care of your pool yourself..

Keep us up to date..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks! I must say I am pretty proud of myself because chemistry was never one of my strong suits. I am more of a technology nerd.
Ok, the cell is off. We run the pump 8 hours a day (in Southwest FL. so the air temperature is about 90 degrees) Should we run it longer?
I will wait to add the CYA until the FC comes down a bit.
I do have quite a bit of chalking on the fiberglass should I do anything about it or wait for the FC and CYA are better?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.