And Another Pool Cleaner Question?

Apr 7, 2014
San Diego, CA
I have to replace my Hayward Pool Vac after 15 years of use. It is the standard white one that cost 300 bucks 15 years ago. It is attached to the basket at the skimmer and runs on vacuum. I'm putting in a new VS Pentair pump and a new spa heater Raypak ng dig heater (400 power) this winter also. I'm hesitant to experiment on new cleaners so an leaning on just replacing the Hayward with the ultra or possible go with the one with the 2 wheels. Our pool is not large and is about 25K gal. the deepest part is 5 ft deep and all corners are rounded, except for some steps that are no so round. So stick with what I know or what? I read that the 2 wheel version mates up well with a VS pump. My only complaint about the original Hayward is that the round seeds from a palm tree get caught up in the suction area and just bounce around enuf to make the unit stop moving. The seeds are about fair size blueberry size but hard. Would the 2 wheel version work better? also what's with the 2 different Hayward cleaners with the two wheels? One is cheaper and has a different farfignuton type name attached. Is it basically the same but different? I thought about robots, but I'm retired and home enuf so I can do some manual work without any problem.

Ok, I looked up the v-flex, and only see an upgrade kit. This would be for the Navigator, not the 2 wheeled version. So I am assuming that I'm better off getting a navigator as opposed to the 2 wheel design. If I can get the standard navigator with the 75 dollar rebate, maybe get that one and later on I can buy a conversion kit? I even looked on Leslie Pools and they did not have a Hayward V-flex listed on their site.

I've had Navigators at both homes and while they are good cleaners, I would actually suggest going with a lower priced Dolphin Robot
Instead.

It will use less power (not requiring pump running), not get jammed with debris, basically set it and forget it.

In may I chose the Dolphin E10 for my new auto vac and couldn't be more pleased
with its performance.

The cord might be too short for your application and the E10 does not climb walls,
but it is the lowest priced robot with a front scrubbing brush.

Here's my review if you'd like to know what it's capable of:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjH9rvur-TXAhUS3mMKHay4BcQQFggpMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.troublefreepool.com%2Fthreads%2F139684-Dolphin-E10-Review&usg=AOvVaw3t1lF5UmdV4tDSv07G4og1

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.