Padio

Dec 13, 2020
Miami, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello everyone, I just signed a contract with pebble tech, my pool size is 18x32 , which is about 18 k of gallons of water, I have 3 steps in the shallow end and a bench in the deep end, I was inquiring to my general contractor about abalone shells, he said I should not use any more than one bag because since I selected a darker blue color , which by the way is blue surf, the abalone shells should not be used any deeper than 18 inches because it wouldn’t be sparkling a lot at that depth, that he’s going to use that bag in the shallow end and the steps where it would sparkle more, my thinking is to ask him if we could use one more bag for the shallow end in order to bring more bling to it, any thoughts about it, I would appreciate it, thanks, max

The abalone shells are nice and I have them in my pool. My only caution is that I had to dig 2 of them out because of decay and causing a dark spot. So there is some risk using abalone shells although they give a nice effect - especially on sunny days.

The abalone shells are nice and I have them in my pool. My only caution is that I had to dig 2 of them out because of decay and causing a dark spot. So there is some risk using abalone shells although they give a nice effect - especially on sunny days.
I also asked him about my worries about the brown stains of the abalone shells, he said that coming from pebble tech, I should not worry about the quality of the abalone shells

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.