Phoenix
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Came back after being gone for a few hours and I see the left wall of the overflow spa is not plumb - Its the first thing I notice when I look out at the pool. I grab my level which confirms my suspicion. The entire length of the left wall is the same. On the opposite side of the spa the wall is plumb. The back wall is off as well, not as bad. The front facing wall is plumb. The gap is big enough that it can't be corrected with mortar when setting the glass tiles. What could be done at this point to correct it? Any advise here is appreciated.

Also, they left zero edge around the AVSC main drain. Doesn't the Pebbletec need to surround the drain in some capacity? The top edge of the drain is completely flush with the shotcrete.

I feel that for 13k the job should at least be plumb - Am I being difficult?

Thank you

Attachments

• 20230202_162749.jpg
    20230202_162749.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 20230202_162800.jpg
    20230202_162800.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20230202_162612.jpg
    20230202_162612.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
The walls should all be plumb especially on a overflow type spa such as yours.
Has the builder been advised of the situation?
The area that needs coverage on the spa wall is of good size.
Flash coat of Shotcrete or hydraulic cement could be used to plumb the wall, minimum cost for a Shotcrete crew in my area is $4,500

Came back after being gone for a few hours and I see the left wall of the overflow spa is not plumb - Its the first thing I notice when I look out at the pool. I grab my level which confirms my suspicion. The entire length of the left wall is the same. On the opposite side of the spa the wall is plumb. The back wall is off as well, not as bad. The front facing wall is plumb. The gap is big enough that it can't be corrected with mortar when setting the glass tiles. What could be done at this point to correct it? Any advise here is appreciated.

Also, they left zero edge around the AVSC main drain. Doesn't the Pebbletec need to surround the drain in some capacity? The top edge of the drain is completely flush with the shotcrete.

I feel that for 13k the job should at least be plumb - Am I being difficult?

Thank you
It’s a half bubble off? They haven’t put the plaster on yet so there will be change there once it’s done, but if you are expecting them to put levels and stuff on the pool walls like a carpenter you’ll be disappointed. Cement work just doesn’t work like that. You might ask if they can correct that part now if it bugs you but beware of expectations being different.

It’s a half bubble off? They haven’t put the plaster on yet so there will be change there once it’s done, but if you are expecting them to put levels and stuff on the pool walls like a carpenter you’ll be disappointed. Cement work just doesn’t work like that. You might ask if they can correct that part now if it bugs you but beware of expectations being different.
Unfortunately, the PebbleSheen only goes to 3" below water line. I'm doing glass tiles on the raised spa wall and I don't think they can make up a 1" gap with mortar?

All Shotcrete crews are different, crews I have worked with all use levels except the nozzle man.
No reason that wall shouldn’t be plum as the others.

Attachments

• C4D2E196-01AB-4A31-A5E0-44B192378E18.jpeg
    C4D2E196-01AB-4A31-A5E0-44B192378E18.jpeg
    340.7 KB · Views: 44
  • B390521B-43BE-4991-9285-A3E3C5175565.jpeg
    B390521B-43BE-4991-9285-A3E3C5175565.jpeg
    444.8 KB · Views: 44
All Shotcrete crews are different, crews I have worked with all use levels except the nozzle man.
No reason that wall shouldn’t be plum as the others.
Interesting, and good to hear. I’ve been binging on YouTube with this stuff and haven’t seen a level brought out until now. Totally possible they just don’t highlight that in videos and my pool doesn’t appear to have seen any tools like that when it was built so maybe a bad assumption on my part.

Unfortunately, the PebbleSheen only goes to 3" below water line. I'm doing glass tiles on the raised spa wall and I don't think they can make up a 1" gap with mortar?
Don’t know about that. Seems like it might be cheaper to plumb it out with hydraulic cement like mentioned above rather than tile mortar. For sure ask them about it now and not wait and see if it’s important to you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.