aluminium coping

Tim D

May 22, 2022
upstate NY
Hi, I'm new here and was looking for some advise on my coping. My coping trim is pulling away from the concrete deck and I was wondering if can fill this in with cement of some other type of epoxy?
I has only happened in this one spot and the liner seems firmly attached to the wall. I'm guessing the deck has moved a little. Any advise would be greatly appericated.IMG_1670.jpgIMG_1670.jpg

You sure the concrete deck did not move away from the pool wall?

The coping trim should be anchored to the top of the wall. Did the coping trim separate from the pool wall?

The coping trim does not anchor to the concrete deck. In fact there should be an expansion joint between the coping and the deck.

The coping trim should be anchored to the top of the wall. Did the coping trim separate from the pool wall?

The coping trim does not anchor to the concrete deck. In fact there should be an expansion joint between the coping and the deck.

It seems that there is saperation of some sort there. That white piece of trim looks like it is fitted right into the concrete and has pulled away. I had a new liner installed last year and there was a little sepration , and the guy who installed the liner said it would not be a problem. BTW there is no expansion join. The walls and liner seem fine. I think maybe the deck was resurfaced and that trim was added but I'm not sure because the pool came with the house when we bought it in 2006.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.