Djfskeeter

In The Industry
Jun 5, 2023
Rogers AR
I know it’s not a necessarily “chlorine free” option, but does anyone know about using chlorine dioxide as a primary method in sanitization? It’s a much safer option than traditional chlorine, as it doesn’t create undesirable residuals as a result of the chemical reactions that take place. Many water treatment facilities use this all across the world as their disinfection protocol, and it’s even approved (although purposely demoted) for proper water disinfection by regulating authorities. It’s even simple enough to be able to make at home for the average DIY’er, so long as proper safety measures and procedures are implemented.

• Haha
Reactions: Donldson
Welcome Dj!

Matt (@JoyfulNoise) can comment, but here is a post of his that touches on the dangers of chlorine dioxide....

It’s a much safer option than traditional chlorine,
D,

There is nothing "unsafe" about using chlorine to sanitize your pool, especially if you follow the TFP pool care process.

This is just typical scare tactics used to sell alternate and usually very inferior pool care products.

I call Bull Feathers on your statement. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

I know it’s not a necessarily “chlorine free” option, but does anyone know about using chlorine dioxide as a primary method in sanitization?
Can you explain what you know about using this product?

Do you use it?

If yes, for commercial or residential pools?

How many pools do you service?

What exact products do you use and how do you apply them?

What is the chemistry of the process and what specific tests need to be done?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.