ALright - Im back with normal CYA

Back after a long day at work - water held its FC pretty well. I put in 121 oz's right before I left for work and my wife put in 121 oz's at lunch. Right now it is at 17 FC - 1 above my target. Water might have been a little more clear but hard to tell - maybe an extra inch depth of clarity? I brushed it really well and threw in the Kreepy Krauly. After a couple hours it took the PSI from 22 up to 30 so I backwashed. I had not intended to let the psi get the high but we had to run errands. Backwashed...rinsed...and am going to leave the Kreepy Krauly in for a couple hours til I hit the bed.

sounds like progress !

longer between additions and FC starting to hold. And filtering out the gunk. Your right on course. Hopefully it will hold good tonight and you can top off in the morning. At the rate your going you should look real good by the weekend when you hopefully can babysit and start to finish it off. Remember, the last bit to clear may seem to take awhile, but your winning. Keep up the good work, you'll be swimming in no time :goodjob:

e15e3f31dc866cfe0877ec58c9c4daf7.jpg

Saturday

0739b4829c373a6f1cbbe8dba0f36653.jpg

Sunday

2043a26a50d446b68059505dd2f1bddc.jpg

Monday

9c13c20be39ad043be49ba76bff917a7.jpg

Today

What do you think? Any change. I'm slamming away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does that involve opening it up and rinsing it or just putting it on the rinse setting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't add anything but bleach, that's all you need. When you can babysit it again, you can get with the pros on DE and use it again. I haven't learned how to quickly post links yet, but there is a post in forums under pumping station that has a video for doing that. It involves removing the top and flushing out the filter with a garden hose. It really helped mine. I used to think I should change sand every three or four years.

NOW, I know better :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ALrighty - still slamming here in Oklahoma - we can now see the bottom of the pool in the shallow end! Water is looking good but still need to get it quite a bit clearer before I can stop the SLAM. That being said I was wondering if this would be okay...any issue with me letting my FC level drift down to around FC 10 with a CYA of 40 so me and the kids can SWIM tomorrow? Then I would SLAM in the evening and overnight and then let it drift down so we could swim again on Sunday? Then back to SLAM... I know ideally I would want to keep my Chlorine at SLAM level I just feel like there is only so many weekends in the summer and i'd like to do some cannonballs with the kiddos... :)

So am I safe to proceed with this?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.