Alright, alright, alright! New IG in Rowlett TX

We have had quite a bit of rain, but since they've done the gunite, it's only rained 7 days (out of 41 days) My husband sent a very long email, detailing some things he is unhappy about. It's been mostly good in my opinion, other than the delays. I'm not sure what's holding up the plaster. They still have to finish treating the decking, but other than that, it's done.

My husband has been very frustrated regarding a lot of little things that I didn't think were a big deal, but now I'M getting really frustrated too! Is it common practice for pool builders to not let you know the schedule of events. So far, they have not communicated with us about when people are coming and when things are going to happen.

We were hopeful, then let down once again last week. We were told that we would get plaster either last Friday or Saturday. It didn't happen. So today I messaged the PB asking when plaster is going to happen. She replied back that it's scheduled for this Wednesday. Okay, great. But when did they know this and why didn't they let us know???!!! Should they not be reaching out to us regarding this kind of stuff??!! :mad:

It has now been 51 days since our gunite has been poured! Which was a whole other issue. Our contract was for shotcrete. They showed up the day before Easter with a truck full of gunite. They never told us about the swithcheroo and have not really done anything to make amends for that change.

Gurrrrrrrrr for you! That would drive me N.U.T.S. to the max! I don't know what to tell you as I hear it quite often but not 51 days :shock:

I would put the gunite to shotcrete concern/change in writing so you have a written record of it. Is there a price difference? I don't know.

My husband has been very frustrated regarding a lot of little things that I didn't think were a big deal, but now I'M getting really frustrated too! Is it common practice for pool builders to not let you know the schedule of events. So far, they have not communicated with us about when people are coming and when things are going to happen.
Unfortunate, but also not very surprising. Somewhere along the line many pool builders seemed to take possession of a "no need to communicate with customer" card. None of those PB's have voluntarily relinquished them. :mad:

Oh man, I am right there with you. We dug 3/21 gunite was not until 4/19. Our tile isn't even finished. The PB keeps starting things and not finishing them. We still need tile completed, equipment installed, and the deck drainage done before we can even schedule a pre-plaster inspection. Our plaster sub is running 3 weeks out and won't put you on until you pass inspection. I am so done. Wish I had never spent the money. To make matters worse the PB is asking me for additional work (pouring planter edging, etc.) Heck no, finish my pool first dude! Hope you get plaster this week!

They came to clean up the shell today and we are scheduled for plaster tomorrow! Hallelujah!

Can you remind me where I need to order the testing kit from?

And for plain white plaster, how many days do you brush for on average? I know we brush multiple times a day until we don’t see any more dust and the water is clear.

Look in my siggy below for the TF-100 test kit site. Make sure to get the Stirrer. That is a wonderful toy to use to do the tests. A whale wall brush would be a great add on especially with the new plaster.

I would brush it a lot the first week or so. Like you say look for the plaster dust. Once the dust dies down make sure to brush it at least once a day for the first month or so. You can brush it from inside the pool!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: melgerhart
Look at you!!! Water, oh sweet water!!!!

Here is your set of links!!! I put these together for all new pool owners!
SWEET!!! :party:

It is time for your new pool links!
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Trouble Free Pool

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to NOT turn that water off. If you stop the flow of water it may cause a ring around your pretty, new plaster and we sure do not want that!!!

Look at you!!! Water, oh sweet water!!!!

Here is your set of links!!! I put these together for all new pool owners!
SWEET!!! :party:

It is time for your new pool links!
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Trouble Free Pool

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to NOT turn that water off. If you stop the flow of water it may cause a ring around your pretty, new plaster and we sure do not want that!!!

Thank you so much Kim! You are always super sweet and quick to address any concerns. You are appreciated!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It’s full and the lights work! Can’t wait until we can actually get in and enjoy it.
We’re ready to get our arm workouts in when we start brushing ?

Attachments

• BE75903E-9D73-4F8D-BEDD-BA48B7BE0C79.jpeg
    BE75903E-9D73-4F8D-BEDD-BA48B7BE0C79.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 14
  • BF95D82F-2CCB-4DDE-B257-37D4AF75E257.jpeg
    BF95D82F-2CCB-4DDE-B257-37D4AF75E257.jpeg
    297.7 KB · Views: 14
  • E7A71FF2-07E4-47D6-B892-3562569A988B.jpeg
    E7A71FF2-07E4-47D6-B892-3562569A988B.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 11
  • B4F56552-B809-4432-AE0E-2B8C04D17CBF.jpeg
    B4F56552-B809-4432-AE0E-2B8C04D17CBF.jpeg
    204.1 KB · Views: 11
OH I like those colors. I think my fav is the third one but all of them are pretty!

So what test kit did the PB give you? Have you tested your water yet? What have they added to the water so far?

They have done absolutely nothing yet. They finished the plaster Wednesday around 8:30 PM and the water was done filling just over 24 hours later (so last night around 9-10). They haven't brought us the brush yet, they haven't even been out to check on it. I know how important brushing is, so I'm a little worried that we haven't started yet. The water has been filled for about 14 hours now. Is that OK?

Time to step up for YOUR pool. Is the equipment hooked up and ready to turn on? Call you PB and ask/tell him to bring out YOUR brush and stuff.
PB finally called me back and said they are definitely coming today. They've got a lot of startups today, but we're "on the list". Impatiently waiting.

Since they haven't added any chemicals, would it be safe to let the kids jump in and swim for a short while? I know we need to be patient, but I figured if it's just tap water right now, it would be OK?

Go pick up the smallest one and throw them in!! Let the others follow! It is really "bath water" at this point so it is all good! I would not allow any toys or such and tell them to not climb out of the pool using the sides. You don't want their toenails accidentally scraping the new plaster yet. CANNON BALL!!!!

Go pick up the smallest one and throw them in!! Let the others follow! It is really "bath water" at this point so it is all good! I would not allow any toys or such and tell them to not climb out of the pool using the sides. You don't want their toenails accidentally scraping the new plaster yet. CANNON BALL!!!!

That's what I needed to hear :giggle: We're going for it. Cannon Ball indeed!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.