Almost time!

I couldn’t imagine having to add liquid chlorine during our HOUSTON summers. I want to enjoy my pool not be married to it. I watch my neighbors who go the liquid chlorine route and they are miserable. The SWG just makes it SO much easier not to mention feels so much better. I can’t stand having to add LC in the winter when the cell turns off lol.

I couldn’t imagine having to add liquid chlorine during our HOUSTON summers. I want to enjoy my pool not be married to it. I watch my neighbors who go the liquid chlorine route and they are miserable. The SWG just makes it SO much easier not to mention feels so much better. I can’t stand having to add LC in the winter when the cell turns off lol.
we will definitely try out this route from the look of it its not that difficult to swap it out later if need be... for now we’ll enjoy the building process ?

You are telling me that you don't all HER (sorry about that) to play in the dirt/mud?? That is a rite of passage for kids and is good for them! Turn her loose and let the fun begin. Take the clothes off outside and carry her to the shower to get her clean again................for it to start all over again!! (says the Kindergarten teacher who had to teach a child it IS okay to get dirty as she would have a melt down if there was even a speck of dirt on her.)

Kim:kim:

You are telling me that you don't all HER (sorry about that) to play in the dirt/mud?? That is a rite of passage for kids and is good for them! Turn her loose and let the fun begin. Take the clothes off outside and carry her to the shower to get her clean again................for it to start all over again!! (says the Kindergarten teacher who had to teach a child it IS okay to get dirty as she would have a melt down if there was even a speck of dirt on her.)

hahahahaha lucky for her her daddy is the one who lets them loose ... yes she is allowed to play in mud as long as i dont see it???... that kindergarten child must have been me hahahahaha!!!

Reactions: splashpad
Feeling the love and FUN!! :hug: THANKS! Did they have fun? Why does little man have a glove on in that one picture? A couple of our primary kids do that at school........why? KIDS!! LOL They will sleep good tonight!

Feeling the love and FUN!! :hug: THANKS! Did they have fun? Why does little man have a glove on in that one picture? A couple of our primary kids do that at school........why? KIDS!! LOL They will sleep good tonight!

hahahahaha he did tht maybe a part of my ocd got to him he wanted to keep his hand free of dirt and throw rocks in the pool...???... yes they have played and fed well shud be a calm evening ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now here is your "job" for this part. Run out there with the plans and a tape measure. Is it wide, long, deep, etc enough? Add about 6" for the shell and plaster. NOW is the time to fix. The water depth will be at the middle of the skimmer face/opening.

ok so we went out and got some dimensions
based on PB drawings the bench should be 13.6 but with rebar the seating area remaining is 11.7 ft... so my husband says thats not right but the other wooden boundary they made matches the PB dimensions proposed ... whats your take?

3FED7920-7703-4DFD-94C2-44F369EFBA74.jpeg5FD521C0-6FCF-45A3-8764-4CA8A3014D3C.jpeg

It is up to you. Is the bench big enough like it is? Take a board or something over there and see if you like it how it is. Will it hold all 4 of you and do you want it to?

It's final size should be what is on the "official" plans. It will be easy to fix now if you want them to. I think if you call them on this your PB will know you are on your A-game and may use more care in the future.

It is up to you. Is the bench big enough like it is? Take a board or something over there and see if you like it how it is. Will it hold all 4 of you and do you want it to?

It's final size should be what is on the "official" plans. It will be easy to fix now if you want them to. I think if you call them on this your PB will know you are on your A-game and may use more care in the future.

ill be ok with the size but i have 2 concerns
1) its not perfectly centered like i would like it to and
2) if rebar area is 11ft 7 inches onces gunite comes over it it’ll be reduced further so thats to be debated ?
i do however plan on calling the PB out on it to see what my final dimensions will be since hes doing 8 inch gunite on walls n 10 inch base.

Was it centered before they did the steel work? Even if it was not you can have them rework and center it. The gunite is going to eat a lot of the space up. Just think that is 8"+8" on each end for a total of 16" lost on the size THEN add in the plaster (not really sure how thick that will end up being).

Have you notified the PB yet? Make sure to smile when you talk to him even if it is over the phone and you have to fake it. Have him come to the house so he can see what you are seeing.

Was it centered before they did the steel work? Even if it was not you can have them rework and center it. The gunite is going to eat a lot of the space up. Just think that is 8"+8" on each end for a total of 16" lost on the size THEN add in the plaster (not really sure how thick that will end up being).

Have you notified the PB yet? Make sure to smile when you talk to him even if it is over the phone and you have to fake it. Have him come to the house so he can see what you are seeing.

yea it was centered but as my husband pin pointed they didnot keep into account the gunite that’ll come over to reduce overall size... i just messaged him... ill wait to see what he says!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.