almost 3 year old hayward pump dead?

That's ridiculous. Any HVAC company will have plenty of run capacitors. Any pool store will have them. Any motor repair company will have them. They're a very common part. Anyone who tells you that they're not available is not being truthful.
The one pool store i think is the best sold me one that only had two terminals on top, good thing i looked. I'll probably stop at a leslie's on the way home and see if they have.

614Ms1RfEdL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

This might be the capacitor. Check the label to be sure.

Well, well well. ended up calling the pool builder and I'm under warranty until 8/1/2021. They will let me bring the pump motor and seal in to their office tomorrow and they will give me a warranty replacement motor and seal. Woot!

Reactions: JamesW
Good deal! My 1/2 hp failed inside of a month. The pool company replaced it with a 1 hp....which cost me a lot of money over the years...

Okay so local HVAC parts shop can order run cap, but might take a month. They told me to bring my run cap in and they will test it to see if it's the problem. (I did not think to grab it before i headed in for work) I'll do that early tomorrow morning and make a decision wether I order new replacement motor or go the VS route. I really would like to have my pool back to working for the weekend, but does not seem like a reality.
Amazon?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.