almost 3 year old hayward pump dead?

jhrrld

Bronze Supporter
Jul 14, 2014
Oologah OK
That's ridiculous. Any HVAC company will have plenty of run capacitors. Any pool store will have them. Any motor repair company will have them. They're a very common part. Anyone who tells you that they're not available is not being truthful.
The one pool store i think is the best sold me one that only had two terminals on top, good thing i looked. I'll probably stop at a leslie's on the way home and see if they have.

jhrrld

Bronze Supporter
Jul 14, 2014
Oologah OK
Well, well well. ended up calling the pool builder and I'm under warranty until 8/1/2021. They will let me bring the pump motor and seal in to their office tomorrow and they will give me a warranty replacement motor and seal. Woot!

Reactions: JamesW

Randrx2

Bronze Supporter
Dec 13, 2018
Orlando, FL
Okay so local HVAC parts shop can order run cap, but might take a month. They told me to bring my run cap in and they will test it to see if it's the problem. (I did not think to grab it before i headed in for work) I'll do that early tomorrow morning and make a decision wether I order new replacement motor or go the VS route. I really would like to have my pool back to working for the weekend, but does not seem like a reality.
Amazon?