All those wet towels and what to do with them

Well I didn't realize that the one santacruzpool posted was metal and the cheaper one I ordered was just plastic. I cancelled my order and now I'm back to square one. We only have a 4 foot pvc picket fence so I can't mount anything there.

The boats cleats are nice but I don't want them attached to my house which is the only place to mount anything. We have a small pool deck so I don't want to clutter that up too much.

Will have to give this some more thought.

The one I posted is also PVC I think (don't have it in hand yet), but after getting one of the "stainless steel" ones that was cheap and flimsy, I am OK trying the black PVC. I found a cheaper version from the Amazon Warehouse section - so I think I paid around $50...

I could make one myself - but I have too many other projects to work on and finish, and decided $50 was well spent to give me a convenient place to hang towels.

The one I posted is also PVC I think (don't have it in hand yet), but after getting one of the "stainless steel" ones that was cheap and flimsy, I am OK trying the black PVC. I found a cheaper version from the Amazon Warehouse section - so I think I paid around $50...

I could make one myself - but I have too many other projects to work on and finish, and decided $50 was well spent to give me a convenient place to hang towels.

Would love to see a pic of this once you get it mounted and your feedback as to how it works.

The former homeowner put a coat rack on our fence. It has pegs that stick out. It probably cost less than 10.00. It works well and the kids do use it.

I go around every night and gather up towels and suits and throw them in using the quick wash mode and I make the kids fold them and that works well for us.

917d7cdcc8e820f7c36ae94cea8681d3.jpg
a12df021c6223133a7493c8755daec54.jpg

Here's what my lanai looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I went out today to Ace and gathered all the PVC I needed to build one to fit inside my deck sleeves...I was inspired by this thread!!

Total cost in PVC parts ~$25 (I already have the glue).

We have a retractable clothes line on one tree and a hook on another one. Works great for towels and we even hang some laundry on it occasionally. I think we got it at Lowes.

Thanks everyone. All good suggestions! JoyfulNoise please post a pic of your completed project.

Here you go - Super Simple PVC Towel Pole

Took about 1 hour of cutting and fitting to rough it all out. See post for details of the build.

Great job! Don't think I could make that with the 2 hammers and 4 screwdrivers that I currently own though [emoji6]

True....buuuuuuuut, Ace Hardware will cut PVC into any lengths you want. So, if you went into the store with all your dimensions worked out on paper you could build much simpler version of what I showed there with T style fittings and the 1/2" pipe that runs through them (along with some end connectors). Then, you could then get some brackets to mount it to an existing wall (like one of the pillars in your lanai) and you would not need any tools other than the screwdrivers you have. Assuming you could glue and paint the PVC parts and you're capable of hanging a picture frame, then hanging a smaller version of what I built from a wall or post would be a cinch......

But I know, you're not looking for a DIY approach. I look forward to seeing what you come up with online.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.