All those wet towels and what to do with them

I like what snap96 did-- classy with the pallet wood.

I had a stainless steel 48" bath tub handle (picked up at HD years ago for cheap), I mounted to the 2x4 on my fence. Won't hold more then a couple towels, I'll see how it works this weekend, the wind around here is brutal.

I have one of these wall mount towel racks on order - it actually should arrive today. I will be putting it a side wall next to the door to our backyard pool area. Should be a great spot to hang swim suits, towels and wet rash guards...

511TY1yYLaL._SX466_.jpg

I found it on Amazon - we tried a "stainless" steel one, but it was only big enough for a hand towel...

Amazon "The Original Hanging Towel Rack"

Did you receive this yet? If so, what do you think?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK, I just finished putting the towel rack up as my Saturday before breakfast project!

I am satisfied with it - it isn't that great looking or anything, but it does the job...not sure we would buy it again, but we have it, need it, and now it is installed.

IMG_1985.JPG

IMG_1983.JPG

IMG_1986.JPG

I've had the IKEA one on my patio for two years and it still looks just like the picture. It is a covered patio though. I'm pretty sure it's all stainless steel so it shouldn't rust.

And for those who need a free standing towel rack, IKEA has you covered there too, and for less than $20.

GRUNDTAL Towel stand - - IKEA

On the wall mounted version, IKEA says the mounting bracket, center tube and plugs are stainless while the individual bars are galvanized steel. As long as the galvanized coating doesn't get scratched or worn, then corrosion should not be a huge issue.

Maybe you should hook that up to your pool's bonding wire just to be sure :laughblue:

(joking)

The only parts that seem to be galvanized are internal. The disc at the end of the tubes (that are the bars upon which you hang the towels) screw into a galvanized piece that is inside the tube, but the tube and disk are stainless. Everything that you can see or touch is stainless.

Not to beat the dead horse, but that is made out of PVC piping exactly as I described. And there's maybe $15-$20 worth of PVC there (that's retail price...a mass manufacturer is getting the PVC in bulk and for a lot less). Seriously, you could easily build that thing for about $20 worth of parts at your local hardware store....

Ok, dead horse fully flogged.....

Agree...I am so not handy & built a PVC one with a few modifications like an extra T to insert the skimmer pole. The legs are filled with sand & there are 2 shelves for drinks, etc that can be removed to fit extra towels. I put shower rings over the towels to keep them from blowing away.
3b93b81a00bfb6924732756a89ead5c9.jpg
2dc563fbda2aeb53d0a4c1edb676ca44.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.