Algeacide 50.. Good or bad to use.

May 6, 2018
Bloomington IN
From my research the best I can tell it does not have copper and if I use too much it will cause foaming. Wanting some extra help during the extremely hot months in summer.

It only 8 or 9 dollars a bottle. I need 5 ounces a weekly dose. Not gonna break my bank.

As it is ammonia based it will increase your chlorine demand.

Why not just keep your FC at target level based on the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]?

If the pool is brushed regularly and can pass the OCLT and CC, and if your FC is always at 8 or above, there is no algae that can survive.

I do not know about white water mold.

Well, I don't much either. I let "Roadrunner" handle that. A robot will do it for you, mostly.

That is the issue. Sorry.

Did you use a product like awesome to clean your pipes?

You need to brush or use a cleaner, this is required. If you have biofilm protected algae, your just pouring money in the pool with algaecide as is won't do anything to that

I did not clean the pipes. Should I look into the awesome product.

- - - Updated - - -

The people who built my pool just said to Shock it.

- - - Updated - - -

My pool is fiberglass. I was told the surface is to slick for algae to grab hold of by the builder.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The product is Ahh-some. It is normally used in cleaning spa/hot tubs. But can be used on pools.

Good idea as a followup to the white water mold.

Fiberglass does not prevent you from getting algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.