Algae Stain on Plaster

jkuper

May 4, 2020
Boerne, TX
Hi,

I'm new to TFP but already this community has saved me a considerable amount of time and money maintaining my pool so thank you for that. I just went through the process of relocating my pool equipment pad and installing all-new equipment on top of that. I also switched from chlorine to a SWG. I might have gotten in over my head. I have about a million questions to post but I'll start with the one that's bugging me the most... How do I get rid of what appears to be a ring of algae stain that is all around the side of my pool? Photo attached. I bought I wire brush and scrubbed like crazy but I'm really just scratching the plaster off. If I take a chlorine tab and rub it on a spot, it will come off but it would take me forever to get that done if I had to go all around the pool.
Old Fred Pool Stain small.jpg
As a side note, my pool was out of commission for 60 days while I relocated the pool equipment and it got pretty rough in there. I used the SLAM method and got me back in action after about 4 days. The straight line of the stain at the top is the water level that I had the pool down to when I was doing the equipment replacement.

Any suggestions on how to clean this up without manually scrubbing with a chlorine tab? I tried the algaecide that they sell at Leslies and have added plenty of shock to the pool at this point.

Thanks in advance!

- J

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.