Algae possible?

Russo221

Jun 8, 2016
Parlin , new Jersey
Okay question, I have noticed since it has been consistently hot like over 90 95 degrees outside, the pool is about 90 and noticing greenish tinge and what looks like algae. So I did the overnight test and everything came back good I didn't lose any chlorine. My cya level is 40 so my chlorine level is between 5 and 7. But I'm still getting this greenish tinge in my pool. Just clean my filter out I have a cartridge filter and it was nasty green. Since my chlorine level is 7 should I be throwing in a lot more to try to battle this?

Either do a quick SLAM Process for a few days with a FC of 16 or at least run your FC on the high side around 9 for a while.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, I'll start brushing a lot more. I just lost power due to the hurricane, there saying 5 days till it's restored. Am I gonna be in trouble that my filter is not gonna be running for that long?

Filtering does not matter. Stirring liquid chlorine daily into the water with your pool brush is what will keep the water clear. Add 3-5 ppm of liquid chlorine daily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.