Algae or another problem

May 26, 2017
Mebane, NC
I have never posted on here. I just read all of the time. Pool started leaking ran out of chemicals etc.. long story short pool filled with algae over the winter. I had ran out of cya testing supplies so just guessed and added a lot of bleach. And kept fc high for almost 1 week. Fc stayed around 20. ? pool went from green to cloudy greenish blue almost over night, but since then no improvement. I cannot see the bottom. My new testing kit came today. Cya was 30 at most. So slam level should only be 12.

Also, I have well water with iron and manganese. Could that be causing some problems? If so how would I fix that?

Cya 30 (at most)
Oh 7.0 or less
Fc 12
Cc. .5
19500 gallon vinyl above ground pool
Sand filter
Please help!

I have backwashes the filter every time the pressure raises.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum!
You need to address the algae first before the iron. Follow the SLAM Process. Be sure to let your sand filter pressure rise by 25% over clean before you backwash. Sand filters take the longest to clear a pool during a SLAM.
Next time you test FC at 10 ppm or less, check your pH. If lower than 7, test TA. Then post here as you may need to raise your pH and / or TA.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.